Boxing
Conor Benn will reform his failure to Chris Eubank Jr. as a confirmation of proved at the age of 160
Published
11 months agoon
Conor Benn says he proved in a 160-pound ward, and his results in his defeat with a pretender to medium weight Chris Eubank Jr. At the beginning of this year on April 26. They will both meet in a rematch on November 15 at the Tottenham Hotspur stadium in Tottenham in London, in 58 days. The event will be shown at DAZN PPV.
Proofing the value of 160 pounds
While Benn proved to some extent to 160 in his performance in April last year, there was not a good enough performance to suggest that he could exist among fighters at the elite level or A in the average weight section. Fans do not perceive Eubank Jr. as among them. He is perceived as Under -Breliever.
The best average weight
- Janibek Alikhakhanuly
- Yoenli Hernandez
- Adames
- Erislanda Lara
- Denzel Bentley
28 -year -old Conor remains bitter because of his loss, trying to save positive from her to boost his confidence in the second fight. It was competitive early, but then it broke up as the competition passed.
Inside the gaming deficiencies
Benn (23-1, 14 KO) gave Eubank Jr. (35-3, 25 KO) A challenging fight in the early rounds with power and an explosive blow. Eubank Jr. He quickly invented him, considering that he was a Potshot fighter, who loads himself on individual arrows, and developed him with combinations inside to win a 12-round unanimous decision of the results 116-112, 116-112 and 116-112.
The fight showed that Benn has no game and can only hit the power from average to long range. This is a problem that can persist in the rematch and when Conor returns to the 147 pounds department.
The weakness of the middle division
The competitiveness of the fight showed two things:
- The mediumweight department is faint: In order for Benn to jump two weight classes from 147 to 160 and remain competitive in relation to the five best rivals, emphasizes the weakened state of division. I believe that there are fighters who would have a catastrophe for Benn to fight, such as Yoenla Hernandez, Janibek Alimkhanuly and Carlos Adames; These are crop cream. Benn has enough talent to be a claimant for this division, if he wanted to, but his chances of winning the title of world champion would be compact.
- Eubank Jr. is defective: He was unveiled by Novice Benn and was forced to fight in a exhausting 12-round fight for a unanimous decision. I do not believe that Benn would last more than four or five rounds against the elite medium scale, Yoenla Hernandez, Adames, Erislanda Lara or Janibek.
Financial incentive
“Many people go:” You will simply pay. You have no depth. ” Has a good CV compared to mine. Ring magazineArguing that his previous performance against the 35-year-old pretender to medium weight Chris Eubank Jr. He proved its value in the 160 pounds ward in April last year.
According to Sporting News, Conor Benn’s purse for the first fight against Eubank Jr. was $ 10.5 million April 26. In the case of a rematch on November 15, Benn is supposed to receive $ 10.5 million. This is a huge money for a warrior who has never won the title of world champion or fought with a claimant during his nine -year career before losing to Eubank Jr.
Conor would look stupid if he tried to convince the fans that he was not fighting again with Eubank Jr. for money. This must be the focal point why Benn is fighting the fight again because he clearly lost the last fight and consumed many penalties.
Return to 147 pounds
“So I’m just excited that I can go back to 147 after this fight and cause greater damage with the weight I should fight for,” said Benn.
Statistics of strokes
- Eubank JR.: 367 out of 912 strokes for 40.2%
- Benn: 215 of 593 for 35.3%
Olly Campbell covers boxing since 2010 and wrote for Boxing News 24 From 2014. In Great Britain, he now informs about the world boxing scene, providing news, results and functions connecting fans with the greatest stories of this sport.
Having experience in the field of relationships with Great Britain and European, Olly has developed a style that combines a edged analysis with available writing, thanks to which his work is valuable for both devoted observers and random fans. His reports consistently emphasize masters, pretenders and appearing prospects on the global stage.
Last updated 18.09.2025
You may like
Boxing
Carl Froch Claims One Welterweight Champion Could Have Stopped Terence Crawfords Unbeaten Streak
Published
16 hours agoon
August 16, 2026
Terence Crawford faced and defeated 42 different opponents during a 17-year career, but super-middleweight icon Carl Froch believes that there is one welterweight who would have put an end to Crawford’s unbeaten streak if they were to meet in their primes.
Crawford became the first post-war boxer to claim the undisputed title in three separate weight divisions last September; a run which began as a super-lightweight in 2015 by defeating Thomas Dulorme, then unifying against Viktor Postol before halting Julius Indongo in an undisputed title showdown.
‘Bud’ then moved on to the welterweight scene and knocked out Jeff Horn to capture the WBO world title on his 147lb debut, making five defences of the title before colliding with fierce rival and three-belt unified titleholder, Errol Spence Jr, in 2023.
In a unforgettable fight, Crawford brutally beat Spence down in an authoritative ninth-round stoppage win to capture the undisputed welterweight throne. Talk then turned to an unprecedented three-weight move up to super-middleweight to take on Canelo Alvarez.
After stopping off at super-welterweight to dethrone Israil Madrimov on his way up, Crawford debuted at super-middleweight in a challenge for Canelo’s undisputed crown and outboxed the Mexican superstar in an iconic win last year, hanging up the gloves three months later.
Despite those legendary achievements, Froch picked Floyd Mayweather Jr to come out on top in a potential fantasy fight against the Omaha southpaw, in an episode of ‘Froch on Fighting’.
Mayweather’s achievements speak for themselves, retiring with a perfect 50-0 unbeaten record after claiming world honours in five divisions, with his most impressive reign coming at 147lbs, where he defeated the likes of Manny Pacquiao and Shane Mosley.
Mayweather has been rumoured to make a comeback, but while there would be huge finances that would be on offer, Crawford has revealed that he would have no interest in ending his retirement for a bout with ‘TBE’, believing that the 49-year-old is ‘old’ and ‘done’.
Boxing
Conor Benn Reveals His Pick: Oscar De La Hoya vs Terence Crawford Showdown in Boxing History
Published
16 hours agoon
August 16, 2026
Terence Crawford has been hailed by many as the best fighter of this generation following his retirement, and now WBC welterweight title hopeful Conor Benn has shared how he thinks ‘Bud’ would have fared against six-division world champion Oscar De La Hoya.
Crawford became boxing’s sixth five-division world champion with an iconic win over Canelo Alvarez back in September; joining Thomas Hearns, Sugar Ray Leonard, De La Hoya, Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao in that elite and exclusive club reserved only for legends of the sport.
Of that group, only De La Hoya and Pacquiao have gone on to conquer a sixth division, with De La Hoya’s 2004 WBO middleweight world title win over Felix Sturm seeing the Californian become the first boxer to ever become a sextuple champion.
Crawford could have joined ‘’The Golden Boy’ and ‘Pac-Man’ in achieving that feat, having been offered a middleweight world title shot during the aftermath of his triumph over Canelo late last year – a proposal which later fell apart due to a failed doping test by Janibek Alimkhanuly.
Continuing the praise that the Omaha-born southpaw has received since announcing his retirement last December, Benn told Daily Mail Boxing that he would favour the undefeated star to get the better of De La Hoya, if they were to meet in their primes.
Benn also went on to predict that Crawford would retain his unbeaten streak against other greats of the game, picking him to come out on top against each of Mayweather, Julio Cesar Chavez, Pernell Whitaker and Roberto Duran.
Boxing
Robert Garcia Evaluates Terence Crawfords Odds Against Prime Pacquiao
Published
2 days agoon
August 15, 2026
Top trainer and former world champion Robert Garcia has considered the outcome of a fantasy showdown between Terence Crawford and Manny Pacquiao.
The two generational greats reportedly came close to squaring off in 2021, back when Crawford was the WBO welterweight champion and ‘Pac Man’ held the WBA title.
Their unification match never materialised, though, as Pacquiao was scheduled to face Errol Spence Jr before ‘The Truth’ pulled out with a torn retina.
Instead, the Filipino legend ended up losing his WBA title to Yordenis Ugas at a stage when, while still serviceable, he was quite clearly past his best.
Crawford, meanwhile, was hitting top form around this time, just a few fights away from producing arguably a career-best performance against Spence.
He did, of course, manage to stop his welterweight rival in nine rounds, before moving up to 168lbs and becoming a three-division undisputed champion by dethroning Canelo Alvarez last September.
Based on those two performances, coach Garcia has told ESNEWS that he would favour ‘Bud’ to defeat even a prime version of Pacquiao.
“The Crawford that beat Spence – and the Crawford that beat Canelo – would probably beat Manny.”
While Crawford’s prime almost certainly came during his run of eight stoppages at welterweight, it is harder to pinpoint when Pacquiao ultimately reached his peak.
In terms of his most destructive performance at world level, however, many will point towards his second-round finish over Ricky Hatton in 2009.
While facing the ‘Hitman’ at 140lbs, Pacquiao would cement himself as a formidable welterweight champion soon after, dethroning Miguel Cotto with a 12th-round stoppage for the WBO title.
Jalin Turner explains how he handled the burden of hurting his opponents
Khabib Nurmagomedov gives Islam Makhachev ultimate compliment following UFC 330: "He has reached the pinnacle of this sport"
Dana White unsure Tyson Fury vs. Anthony Joshua actually happens: "To make a fight, two guys have to want to fight"
Jalin Turner explains how he handled the burden of hurting his opponents
Khabib Nurmagomedov gives Islam Makhachev ultimate compliment following UFC 330: "He has reached the pinnacle of this sport"
Dana White unsure Tyson Fury vs. Anthony Joshua actually happens: "To make a fight, two guys have to want to fight"
Trending
-
Boxing2 days agoZuffa Boxing Parts Ways with Former World Champion After First Loss
-
Boxing2 days agoRobert Garcia Evaluates Terence Crawfords Odds Against Prime Pacquiao
-
MMA2 days agoUFC 330 start time, fight card for Islam Makhachev vs. Ian Machado Garry
-
MMA2 days agoUFC 330: Islam Makhachev vs. Ian Machado Garry live stream watch party
-
MMA2 days agoKhabib Nurmagomedov explains what Islam Makhachev has to do to become the GOAT
-
MMA2 days agoMichael Bisping shares prediction for Islam Makhachev vs. Ian Machado Garry at UFC 330
-
MMA2 days agoAnything but Fighting: Neil Magny
-
MMA1 day agoIan Garry polices UFC 330 reporter questions, MMA media vet states, "that's not the way this works"


