Connect with us

Boxing

Angela Carini shares online abuse since the fight Vs. Imane Khelif

Published

on

Naples, Italy – Italian boxer Angela Carini hit online violence, which she received since the Olympic fight with Imane Khelif last year, which she said, “destroyed her career.”

Carini with tears gave up opening with Khelif at the Paris Olympic Games after 46 seconds, later explaining that she did it because of pain from the initial blow of the Algerian opponent.

On Thursday, Carini published Instagram video With a screenshot of the news about abuse she received in social media-they begging her not to go to the Olympics, others call her “coward” and “shame of Italian”-and the teacher of the 26-year-old explaining how she feels.

“Have you ever wondered how hard it was to face these words? What did I have to endure and endure day after day? What did I have to face in silence, while keeping my health from stupid social networks, from people who speak and say words without thinking twice?” Carini said. “Because for them it’s just a sentence, it’s just a word, it’s just entertaining, it just wants to follow the crowd.”

Khelif won Olympic gold among international control over her and Lin Yu-Yinting Taiwan, another gold medal. The previous Olympic box managing body, dominated by Russia, international boxing association, disqualified both fighters from their 2023 world championships after they claimed that they failed to infected the qualification tests.

But Iba was banished among distrust and controversy. The IOC led the last two Olympic boxing tournaments in its place and applied the principles of sexual eligibility used at previous Olympic Games. According to these standards, Khelif and Lin could compete.

Carini’s decision to quit the fight fueled the discussion far beyond Paris, whether Khelif should have been competing with the speech of Donald Trump and the Prime Minister of the Italian Giorgia Meloni.

“For many, it’s straightforward to forget about the past, but it wasn’t for me,” Carini said in her film. “This past, which meant my life. This past that left me wounds that I try to treat day after day, but like a infected wound bleeds and hurts.

“This past, which changed and destroyed my career, built from year to year with victims, sacrifice, perseverance and great passion. … This career, which is underestimated and humiliated by those who prefer to laugh for a few moments, prefer to throw a stone.”

Carini won silver medals at both the world and European championships in 2019. She lost the fight about the Olympic Games in Tokyo.

After Paris, Carini said that she closed herself “in silence” with her family and “tried to rebuild [herself] in tiny pieces. “

Carini returned to the ring in December, winning her eighth Italian title and gold at the World Boxing Cup in Poland.

“Putting aside all the disappointment, I returned to this ring, confirming myself as an Italian master and bringing medals from vital international tournaments,” said Carini. “Returning to this ring was a hard challenge.

“These my words will not change the world. I will not make people be nicer. But at least I invite everyone to reflect. … Word, gesture, command can hurt and destroy a person.”

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Boxing

Carl Froch Claims One Welterweight Champion Could Have Stopped Terence Crawfords Unbeaten Streak

Published

on

"Carl Froch Claims One Welterweight Champion Could Have Stopped Terence Crawford's Unbeaten Streak"

Terence Crawford faced and defeated 42 different opponents during a 17-year career, but super-middleweight icon Carl Froch believes that there is one welterweight who would have put an end to Crawford’s unbeaten streak if they were to meet in their primes.

Crawford became the first post-war boxer to claim the undisputed title in three separate weight divisions last September; a run which began as a super-lightweight in 2015 by defeating Thomas Dulorme, then unifying against Viktor Postol before halting Julius Indongo in an undisputed title showdown.

‘Bud’ then moved on to the welterweight scene and knocked out Jeff Horn to capture the WBO world title on his 147lb debut, making five defences of the title before colliding with fierce rival and three-belt unified titleholder, Errol Spence Jr, in 2023.

In a unforgettable fight, Crawford brutally beat Spence down in an authoritative ninth-round stoppage win to capture the undisputed welterweight throne. Talk then turned to an unprecedented three-weight move up to super-middleweight to take on Canelo Alvarez.

After stopping off at super-welterweight to dethrone Israil Madrimov on his way up, Crawford debuted at super-middleweight in a challenge for Canelo’s undisputed crown and outboxed the Mexican superstar in an iconic win last year, hanging up the gloves three months later.

Despite those legendary achievements, Froch picked Floyd Mayweather Jr to come out on top in a potential fantasy fight against the Omaha southpaw, in an episode of ‘Froch on Fighting’.

Mayweather’s achievements speak for themselves, retiring with a perfect 50-0 unbeaten record after claiming world honours in five divisions, with his most impressive reign coming at 147lbs, where he defeated the likes of Manny Pacquiao and Shane Mosley.

Mayweather has been rumoured to make a comeback, but while there would be huge finances that would be on offer, Crawford has revealed that he would have no interest in ending his retirement for a bout with ‘TBE’, believing that the 49-year-old is ‘old’ and ‘done’.

Continue Reading

Boxing

Conor Benn Reveals His Pick: Oscar De La Hoya vs Terence Crawford Showdown in Boxing History

Published

on

Conor Benn Reveals His Pick: Oscar De La Hoya vs Terence Crawford Showdown in Boxing History

Terence Crawford has been hailed by many as the best fighter of this generation following his retirement, and now WBC welterweight title hopeful Conor Benn has shared how he thinks ‘Bud’ would have fared against six-division world champion Oscar De La Hoya.

Crawford became boxing’s sixth five-division world champion with an iconic win over Canelo Alvarez back in September; joining Thomas Hearns, Sugar Ray Leonard, De La Hoya, Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao in that elite and exclusive club reserved only for legends of the sport.

Of that group, only De La Hoya and Pacquiao have gone on to conquer a sixth division, with De La Hoya’s 2004 WBO middleweight world title win over Felix Sturm seeing the Californian become the first boxer to ever become a sextuple champion.

Crawford could have joined ‘’The Golden Boy’ and ‘Pac-Man’ in achieving that feat, having been offered a middleweight world title shot during the aftermath of his triumph over Canelo late last year – a proposal which later fell apart due to a failed doping test by Janibek Alimkhanuly.

Continuing the praise that the Omaha-born southpaw has received since announcing his retirement last December, Benn told Daily Mail Boxing that he would favour the undefeated star to get the better of De La Hoya, if they were to meet in their primes.

Benn also went on to predict that Crawford would retain his unbeaten streak against other greats of the game, picking him to come out on top against each of Mayweather, Julio Cesar Chavez, Pernell Whitaker and Roberto Duran.

Continue Reading

Boxing

Robert Garcia Evaluates Terence Crawfords Odds Against Prime Pacquiao

Published

on

"Robert Garcia Evaluates Terence Crawford's Odds Against Prime Pacquiao"

Top trainer and former world champion Robert Garcia has considered the outcome of a fantasy showdown between Terence Crawford and Manny Pacquiao.

The two generational greats reportedly came close to squaring off in 2021, back when Crawford was the WBO welterweight champion and ‘Pac Man’ held the WBA title.

Their unification match never materialised, though, as Pacquiao was scheduled to face Errol Spence Jr before ‘The Truth’ pulled out with a torn retina.

Instead, the Filipino legend ended up losing his WBA title to Yordenis Ugas at a stage when, while still serviceable, he was quite clearly past his best.

Crawford, meanwhile, was hitting top form around this time, just a few fights away from producing arguably a career-best performance against Spence.

He did, of course, manage to stop his welterweight rival in nine rounds, before moving up to 168lbs and becoming a three-division undisputed champion by dethroning Canelo Alvarez last September.

Based on those two performances, coach Garcia has told ESNEWS that he would favour ‘Bud’ to defeat even a prime version of Pacquiao.

“The Crawford that beat Spence – and the Crawford that beat Canelo – would probably beat Manny.”

While Crawford’s prime almost certainly came during his run of eight stoppages at welterweight, it is harder to pinpoint when Pacquiao ultimately reached his peak.

In terms of his most destructive performance at world level, however, many will point towards his second-round finish over Ricky Hatton in 2009.

While facing the ‘Hitman’ at 140lbs, Pacquiao would cement himself as a formidable welterweight champion soon after, dethroning Miguel Cotto with a 12th-round stoppage for the WBO title.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

OUR NEWSLETTER

Subscribe Us To Receive Our Latest News Directly In Your Inbox!

We don’t spam! Read our privacy policy for more info.

Trending