Connect with us

Boxing

Sebastian Sides fund from Canelo Alvarez, citing Crawford’s absence in the Super Middle Wweight division

Published

on

Image: Sebastian Fundora Sides with Canelo Alvarez, Citing Crawford's Absence from the Super Middleweight Division

Sebastian Funda chooses Canelo Alvarez nad Teupers Crawford in the upcoming superfigurka in 10 days on September 13 in Las Vegas.

(Loan: Baker/Premier Boxing Champions)

The fund supports the experience of Canelo

Sebastian states that the undisputed master of the super medium weight Canelo (63-2-2, 39 KO) fights at 168 and has experience. He says he doesn’t think Crawford (41-0, 31 KO) as a real warrior about 154 pounds after a fight only once in the division. It was a year ago, and now Terenki moves two weight classes to 168.

The fund believes that Crawford should have been fighting in the Super Middle Wweight to prepare, but he decided not to do it.

This is a secret for which Crawford decided not to take at least one fight for 168 in the last 13 months, when he was turned off. He could easily fight someone in a super medium weight division to better prepare.

Is Crawford just chasing Payday?

Some fans on social media believe that these are the reasons why Crawford decided not to fight in the weight class:

  • Fear of unveiling: Crawford looked impressive in his move to 154 in his last fight with Israil Madrimov on August 3, 2024. He flooded that he lost it. Buda’s performance was criticized by fans and the media. Could Crawford be afraid that if he lost or looked bad, Turks Alalshikh would change his mind about putting him with Canelo?
  • Inertia: Some fans believe that Crawford does not want to fight more than once a year, because he does not like strenuous work and training related to training. Thus, choosing not adaptation in 168 would require the belief that these fans have about it. The training camp in the fight against a super medium weight would be challenging. Crawford has been fighting once a year since 2021. This is a red flag for a warrior who does not like strenuous work and makes a minimum to be busy.
  • Focusing on money: Critics believe that Terenka simply sees Canelo’s fight as a golden parachute retirement withdrawal. So he did not intend to work strenuous to prepare, fighting someone in a super medium weight, especially after he looked in his only fight at the age of 154. It would be perfect for Turk set as security To prevent Crawford from arriving at the day of retirement. Making Crawford won the fight with Canelo, fighting with David Benavidez and Christian Mbilli, would composed critics who think he doesn’t deserve to fight.

“Canelo” – said Sebastian Fundor to media Today, asked who he chooses to fight Canelo Alvarez vs. Terenka Crawford on September 13. “Is [Alvarez] Comfortable at the age of 168. He fought there. He went and collected all the lanes in this weight class. “

168-pound advantage of Canelo

“Of course, Crawford has a chance. He has a great chance, being one of the pound fighters in the world. This is only the advantage of being there first. You know what to expect in this weight class,” said the fund.

Canelo has been fighting in a super medium weight division from December 15, 2018. As the fund notes, he put on strenuous work to collect four 168-pound titles one by one. For a year he did not sit down from the ring, waiting for him to be given the opportunity on a silver plate. He worked strenuous for them. This is one of Crawford’s critics. He captured three of his four belts, defeating Errola Spence to become the undisputed welterweight champion.

Now Terenka is fighting for all four titles in 168, never establishing a foot in the division. He puts the style of merits upside down when the warrior is unemployed.

Crawford’s lonely fight at 154

“Crawford comes out of 154 fights [Israil Madrimov] that he fought last year. So I really don’t consider him 154. He has been fighting for 147 for some time. He had one fight at the age of 154, and then he stopped fighting again. Of course, he probably trained, “said the fund.

Sebastian is raising a good right. Crawford cannot be considered a real 154-pound warrior if his clash with Israil Madrimov in 2024 was his lonely struggle in the younger medium science division. He is still 147-pound and older. Crawford is 38 years aged on September 28.

To be a real warr of 154 pounds, you need to fight more than once and face another opposition. Fans notice that Crawford did not look good in his fight with Madrimov, simply scrapping a 12-round unanimous decision. The fight could easily go the other way.

A novel weight class stay

“Again, a high -class warrior, but for 168, you will have to fight there. Entering there and fighting with the undisputed champion, the harvest will take place,” said the fund.

Last updated 09/03/2025

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Boxing

Carl Froch Claims One Welterweight Champion Could Have Stopped Terence Crawfords Unbeaten Streak

Published

on

"Carl Froch Claims One Welterweight Champion Could Have Stopped Terence Crawford's Unbeaten Streak"

Terence Crawford faced and defeated 42 different opponents during a 17-year career, but super-middleweight icon Carl Froch believes that there is one welterweight who would have put an end to Crawford’s unbeaten streak if they were to meet in their primes.

Crawford became the first post-war boxer to claim the undisputed title in three separate weight divisions last September; a run which began as a super-lightweight in 2015 by defeating Thomas Dulorme, then unifying against Viktor Postol before halting Julius Indongo in an undisputed title showdown.

‘Bud’ then moved on to the welterweight scene and knocked out Jeff Horn to capture the WBO world title on his 147lb debut, making five defences of the title before colliding with fierce rival and three-belt unified titleholder, Errol Spence Jr, in 2023.

In a unforgettable fight, Crawford brutally beat Spence down in an authoritative ninth-round stoppage win to capture the undisputed welterweight throne. Talk then turned to an unprecedented three-weight move up to super-middleweight to take on Canelo Alvarez.

After stopping off at super-welterweight to dethrone Israil Madrimov on his way up, Crawford debuted at super-middleweight in a challenge for Canelo’s undisputed crown and outboxed the Mexican superstar in an iconic win last year, hanging up the gloves three months later.

Despite those legendary achievements, Froch picked Floyd Mayweather Jr to come out on top in a potential fantasy fight against the Omaha southpaw, in an episode of ‘Froch on Fighting’.

Mayweather’s achievements speak for themselves, retiring with a perfect 50-0 unbeaten record after claiming world honours in five divisions, with his most impressive reign coming at 147lbs, where he defeated the likes of Manny Pacquiao and Shane Mosley.

Mayweather has been rumoured to make a comeback, but while there would be huge finances that would be on offer, Crawford has revealed that he would have no interest in ending his retirement for a bout with ‘TBE’, believing that the 49-year-old is ‘old’ and ‘done’.

Continue Reading

Boxing

Conor Benn Reveals His Pick: Oscar De La Hoya vs Terence Crawford Showdown in Boxing History

Published

on

Conor Benn Reveals His Pick: Oscar De La Hoya vs Terence Crawford Showdown in Boxing History

Terence Crawford has been hailed by many as the best fighter of this generation following his retirement, and now WBC welterweight title hopeful Conor Benn has shared how he thinks ‘Bud’ would have fared against six-division world champion Oscar De La Hoya.

Crawford became boxing’s sixth five-division world champion with an iconic win over Canelo Alvarez back in September; joining Thomas Hearns, Sugar Ray Leonard, De La Hoya, Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao in that elite and exclusive club reserved only for legends of the sport.

Of that group, only De La Hoya and Pacquiao have gone on to conquer a sixth division, with De La Hoya’s 2004 WBO middleweight world title win over Felix Sturm seeing the Californian become the first boxer to ever become a sextuple champion.

Crawford could have joined ‘’The Golden Boy’ and ‘Pac-Man’ in achieving that feat, having been offered a middleweight world title shot during the aftermath of his triumph over Canelo late last year – a proposal which later fell apart due to a failed doping test by Janibek Alimkhanuly.

Continuing the praise that the Omaha-born southpaw has received since announcing his retirement last December, Benn told Daily Mail Boxing that he would favour the undefeated star to get the better of De La Hoya, if they were to meet in their primes.

Benn also went on to predict that Crawford would retain his unbeaten streak against other greats of the game, picking him to come out on top against each of Mayweather, Julio Cesar Chavez, Pernell Whitaker and Roberto Duran.

Continue Reading

Boxing

Robert Garcia Evaluates Terence Crawfords Odds Against Prime Pacquiao

Published

on

"Robert Garcia Evaluates Terence Crawford's Odds Against Prime Pacquiao"

Top trainer and former world champion Robert Garcia has considered the outcome of a fantasy showdown between Terence Crawford and Manny Pacquiao.

The two generational greats reportedly came close to squaring off in 2021, back when Crawford was the WBO welterweight champion and ‘Pac Man’ held the WBA title.

Their unification match never materialised, though, as Pacquiao was scheduled to face Errol Spence Jr before ‘The Truth’ pulled out with a torn retina.

Instead, the Filipino legend ended up losing his WBA title to Yordenis Ugas at a stage when, while still serviceable, he was quite clearly past his best.

Crawford, meanwhile, was hitting top form around this time, just a few fights away from producing arguably a career-best performance against Spence.

He did, of course, manage to stop his welterweight rival in nine rounds, before moving up to 168lbs and becoming a three-division undisputed champion by dethroning Canelo Alvarez last September.

Based on those two performances, coach Garcia has told ESNEWS that he would favour ‘Bud’ to defeat even a prime version of Pacquiao.

“The Crawford that beat Spence – and the Crawford that beat Canelo – would probably beat Manny.”

While Crawford’s prime almost certainly came during his run of eight stoppages at welterweight, it is harder to pinpoint when Pacquiao ultimately reached his peak.

In terms of his most destructive performance at world level, however, many will point towards his second-round finish over Ricky Hatton in 2009.

While facing the ‘Hitman’ at 140lbs, Pacquiao would cement himself as a formidable welterweight champion soon after, dethroning Miguel Cotto with a 12th-round stoppage for the WBO title.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

OUR NEWSLETTER

Subscribe Us To Receive Our Latest News Directly In Your Inbox!

We don’t spam! Read our privacy policy for more info.

Trending