Connect with us

Boxing

Joyce vs. Hrgovic, the battle for the meaning: “I will win” – predicts Joyce

Published

on

Image: Joyce vs. Hrgovic, a Battle for Relevance: 'I'm Going to Win,' Joyce Predicts

Joe Joyce predicts that he will defeat the pretender for heavyweight Filip Hrgovica in a 10-round headliner on Saturday, April 5, live at DAZN at 14:00 et/11: 00 PT with Co-OP Live Arena in Manchester, England.

No warrior can afford another loss if they want to stay in hunting for a shot in the title of world champion. 32 -year -old Hrgovic was knocked out in the eighth round by Daniel Dubois in June last year in Riyjad in a fight in which he was a favorite to win.

Hrgovic was put as a substitute after Dillian Whyte withdrew from the fight with Joyce because of an injury. He is a complex deputy for Joyce and he doesn’t look good.

“The Juggernaut” Joyce (16-3, 13 KO) has a 1-3 record in its last four fights and slipped out of the 15 best rankings after his last defeat with Derek Chisor on July 27 last year. Joe’s performance in this fight was one of the worst in his career because he looked slowly at 281 pounds.

It seems that Joyce has not cut the Saturday fight against the replacement opponent of Hrgovic (17-1, 14 KO), which can be a bad news for him. In the last three fights of Joyce he weighed in the years 280. And this is too much weight for him, because he is too free to carry this kind of size. It must be in the 250s, but it doesn’t look like it happened.

“It is quite highly rated and it is a name that will return to the top,” said Joe Joyce Queensberry About his fight with the pretender Filip Hrgovic on Saturday, April 5 in Manchester, England. “Bookmakers are not always right. Let’s see. This is a great fight,” said Juggernaut Joyce, asked why Hrgovic became a favorite, even though Daniel Dubois lost.

Hrgovic occupies #6 IBF, #6 WBA and #6 WBC. After the way he looked with his loss with Dubois, he will probably have to focus on winning the position to fight in the eliminator of the world championship title to become a must. None of the champions will give Hrgovica the title of world champion in voluntary defense because he is too hazardous.

Second round

“This is not the best situation, but there is a great recovery,” Joyce said about his thoughts about Dillian Whyte withdrawing from the fight. “Yes, it’s a pity what happened to his finger, but it can happen in boxing.”

Whyte would still be a really complex fight for this version of Joyce, but more possible to win than towards Hrgovic. This is a bad duel for Joyce, unless he finds a youth fountain.

“I know his posture, his style and who he trains,” said Joyce about Hrgovita. “I have a good idea for what to do and how to beat it. It was a great performance, and I try to do the same,” said Joyce about his five -time win in the decision with Hrgovic at the World Series of Boxing in 2013.

“We had fights, we learned and we intend to have a great fight. There is some history, but I will win.”

Last updated 04/01/2025

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Boxing

Women’s boxing rankings for pounds for pounds: Mayer is rising, Price debuts in the top ten

Published

on

Mikaela Mayer continues climbing in the ESPN rankings for pounds for pounds, and Lauren Price debuted in the top ten after impressive victories.

Mayer (21-2, 5 KO) defeated Sandy Ryan on Saturday to keep the WBO welterweight title, a rematch of their controversial fight with September, which Mayer decided to decide the majority. This time Mayer dominated most of the rounds and won through the results cards 98-92, 97-93 and 97-93.

“I wanted to give Sandy Rematch because [the first time] It was a great fight. This justified the rematch: “Mayer said after the victory.” Then I think that the rematch should happen when fans want it when it is justified. We did it, but I beat Sandy twice. Now it’s time to go and go for the undisputed, i.e. Lauren Price.

Price (9-0, 2 KO), WBC Master, IBF and WBA Wawerteright, united all three lanes, breaking the former master Natasha Jonas on March 7. Jonas defeated Mayer with a divided decision in January 2024.

The unanimous victory of Price over Jonas was undisputed, winning each round in one of the referees results cards (100-90, 98-92 and 98-93). The fight between Mayer and Price would crowned the first undisputed welterweight master since Jessica McCaskill in 2022.

Together with the victories, Mayer moves one place to 6, while Price enters the rankings at number 7. Savannah Marshall has been removed to be in no activity.

Here is the current 10 best.

1. Claressa shieldsPrevious ranking: 1

Record: 16-0, 3 KO
DEPARTMENT: Unified medium weight master; Lightweight heavyweight master and the undisputed heavyweight master
Last fight: W (UD10) Danielle Perkins, February 2
Next fight: TBA


2. Katie TaylorPrevious ranking: 2

Record: 24-1, 6 KOS
DEPARTMENT: The undisputed champion of the welterweight champion, united master of lightweight
Last fight: In (UD10) Amanda Serrano, November 15
Next fight: July 11 vs. Amanda Serrano


3. Amanda SerranoPrevious ranking: 3

Record: 47-3-1, 31 KO
DEPARTMENT: Unified Feather WWWeight Master
Last fight: L (ud10) Katie Taylor, November 15
Next fight: July 11 vs. Katie Taylor


4. Chantelle CameronPrevious ranking: 4

Record: 20-1, 8 KOS
DEPARTMENT: Junior ephemeral welterweight master
Last fight: In (UD10) Patricia Berghult, November 2
Next fight: TBA


5. Gabriela FundorPrevious ranking: 6

Record: 15-0, 7 KOS
DEPARTMENT: The undisputed Master of Fly Libra
Last fight: In (TKO7) Gabriela Celeste Alaniz, November 2
Next fight: TBA


6. Mikaela MayerPrevious ranking: 7

Record: 21-2, 5 KOS
DEPARTMENT: CHEAME
Last fight: In (UD10) Sandy Ryan, March 29
Next fight: TBA


7. Lauren PricePrevious ranking: N/R

Record: 9-0, 2 KO
DEPARTMENT: Unified Walded Libra Master
Last fight: In (UD10) Natasha Jonas, March 7
Next fight: TBA


8. Alycia BaumgardnerPrevious ranking: 9

Record: 15-1, 7 KOS
DEPARTMENT: Unquestioned Junior Delicate Master
Last fight: NC (without a competition) Delfine Persioon, September 27
Next fight: July 11 vs. Jennifer Miranda


9. Yokka ValleyPrevious ranking: 10

Record: 33-3, 10 KO
DEPARTMENT: Straw weight master
Last fight: In (SD10) Marlen Esparaza, March 29
Next fight: TBA


10. Your ThorslundPrevious ranking: N/R

Record: 23-0, 9 KO
DEPARTMENT: Unified Bantamweight Champion
Last fight: W (UD10) Terumi Nuki, Oct. 25
Next fight: TBA


Formula

The rankings are based on the decreasing points system, and 10 points received the vote in the first place, and nine points received the second place and so on.

Others receive voices: Jessica Nery Plata (2), Hyun Choi (2), Natasha Jonas (2), Ellie Scotney (2), Delfine Persioon (1), Franchon Crews-Dezurn (1), Tiara Brown (1), Evelin Nazarena Bermudez (1).


How our experts voted

Andreas Hale: 1. Shields, 2. Taylor, 3. Serrano, 4. Cameron, 5. Baumgardner, 6. Fund, 7. Mayer, 8. Price, 9. Jonas, 10. Brown

Nick Parkinson: 1. Shields, 2. Taylor, 3. Serrano, 4. Fund, 5. Price, 6. Cameron, 7. Mayer, 8. Baumgardner, 9. Scotney, 10. Bermudez

Salvador Rodriguez: 1. Shields, 2. Taylor, 3. Serrano, 4. Mayer, 5. Cameron, 6. Fund, 7. Baumgardner, 8. Valley, 9. Price, 10. Crews-dezur

Bernardo Pilaattti: 1. Taylor, 2. Shields, 3. Serrano, 4. Cameron, 5. Price, 6. Fund, 7. Mayer, 8. Baumgardner, 9. Thorslund, 10. Valley

Andres Ferrari: 1. Shields, 2. Taylor, 3. Serrano, 4. Fund, 5. Price, 6. Mayer, 7. Cameron, 8. Baumgardner, 9. Valley, 10. Your Thorslund

Charlie Moynihan: 1. Shields, 2. Taylor, 3. Serrano, 4. Cameron, 5. Mayer, 6. Fund, 7. Valley, 8. Price, 9. Choi, 10. Person

Damian Delgado Averhoff: 1. Shields, 2. Taylor, 3. Serrano, 4. Cameron, 5. Fund, 6. Mayer, 7. Baumgardner, 8. Valley, 9. Plata neri, 10. Price


ESPN expert survey

First place: Shields (6), Taylor (1)

Second place: Taylor (6), shields (1)

Third place: Serrano (7)

Fourth place: Cameron (4), fund (2), Mayer (1)

Fifth place: Price (3), Cameron (1), fund (1), Mayer (1), Baumgardner (1)

Sixth place: Funder (4), Mayer (2), Cameron (1)

Seventh place: Mayer (3), Baumgardner (2), Cameron (1), Dolina (1)

Eighth place: Baumgardner (3), price (2), valley (2)

Ninth place: Price (1), Valle (1), Nery Plata (1), Choi (1), Jonas (1), Thorslund (1), Scotney (1)

10th place: Price (1), Dolina (1), Thormer (1), Perseoon (1), Crehes-Depurn (1), Brown (1), Bermude (1)

Continue Reading

Boxing

340k Worldwide Buys Do not tell the whole story: why the rematch Beterbiv-Bivol will not airy American fans

Published

on

Image: 340K Worldwide Buys Don't Tell the Whole Story: Why the Beterbiev-Bivol Rematch Failed to Ignite American Fans

On February 22, the rematch between the undisputed heavyweight champion, Artur Beterbiev and Dmitry Bivol, brought 340k PPV buys worldwide.

The ring reports PAY-PER-View purchase rate for Beterbiv-Bivol 2. Although these numbers may seem reasonable at first glance, they do not reveal what PPV is buying for the USA, probably the largest fight market.

They were thought to be low. You can’t celebrate 340 thousand All over the world, because it ignores the lack of interest of American fans in this event because of a faint headliner. Rematch Beterbiev vs. Bivol was a bad idea.

Tedious bivol

Their first fight was tedious to watch, and the fans who remembered how tedious it was, they were not interested in the second clash four months later. It’s like watching a bad movie and asking to see it again. People don’t want it. Saudis must get a clue and understand that fans are not interested in seeing Beterbaview and Bivol again.

Too few fans want to see these two battles for the third time. Low PPV sums for the event on February 22 inform about everything you need to know. People hate this duel and it’s understandable why. Bivol is so tedious to watch, and Beterbiev has become elderly and ponderous. He can no longer cut off the ring and did not let his hand release, as he used to be when he was younger.

Event organizers must understand the market. If they see that the fight is tedious and has low PPV numbers, configuration of the rematch is not a good idea. Because Bivol’s fighting style is terrible to watch fans for us, it is engaging to match guys like him against youthful killers. 40 -year -old Beterbiev is too free And elderly to chase Mover like Bivol around the ring for 12 rounds.

Bivol should have entered a rematch, fighting with one of the best airy pretenders to heavyweight. He should have been on the card of February 22 of the “Last Cresendo” event, and not to receive a rematch after losing. He was beaten by Beterbavie in their first fight in October last year. Like all beaten, they should go into queue and return to the return, not a revenge that fans do not want to see.

Last Cresendo’s Undercard

  • Carlos Adams vs. Hamzah Sheeraz
  • Shakur Stevenson vs. Josh Padley
  • Zhilei Zhang vs. Agit Kabayel
  • Ziyad Almaayouf vs. Jonatas Rodrigo Gomes de Oliveira

A kind of fighters with whom Saudis should match a tedious runner, such as Bivol, are guys who can cut off the ring and cross it to oblivion, like David Benavidez or someone with power like David Morrell. 40-year-old Artur Beterbiev has no youthful people to chase Bivol around the ring, and fans do not want to watch these tedious fights.

Last updated 04/02/2025

Continue Reading

Boxing

$ 200 million: encouraging fury from his pension “gold -plated” on Mega fighting with Joshua

Published

on

Image: $200 Milliion: Enticing a Fury From His 'Gilded Age' Retirement for a Mega-Fight Against Joshua

Promoters Eddie Hearn and Frank Warren still hope to see Mega fighting between former world champions heavyweight Tyson Fury and Anthony Joshua.

A challenging part is to lure the Fury back to the ring, which will be challenging after it was broken by mentally by the cruiser’s weight “Oleksandr Usyk in December last year. Gilded age Mansion in the style of Vanderbilt.

Even this amount may not be enough to restore Fury to fight Joshua. He could stop $ 200 million, which would be a crazy amount of money for his current level of fight. Tyson is no longer fighting at a high level. It is not a spring chicken and looks closer to 50 than forty.

Both promoters did not give up the capabilities of the Gypsy king versus .. Aj are fighting. Unfortunately, it doesn’t look good. Oleksandr Usyk took something out of fury (34-2-1, 24 Kos) with winners at the back. Tyson entered these fights sounding conceit, as if he could walk on the water, but after Usyk learned twice, he disappeared in retirement.

Mowing millions

“Aj Fury, who knows what the future will bring?” said the promoter Eddie Hearn Boxing DAZN Asked which fight he wants to see, calling Tyson Fury vs. Anthony Joshua All-British Clash

“The same answer. It is a fight that we all wanted to see. We, the British and fighters wanted it, but it is never too overdue. For some reason it did not happen. Who knows if Tyson decides if he is fed up with mowing the lawn, it may happen,” said the promoter Frank Warren in the fight against Fury-Joshua.

Apart from boxing fans in Great Britain, there is not much interest from the world, seeing that these two spoiled British ponderous scales are fighting at this overdue stage of their career. Even when Fury and Joshua were at its best, they were bad. This is pointless now, because there is no interest.

Joshua descends from a brutal knockout against Daniel Dubois and has not defeated a good warrior since his victory over 40-year-old Vladimir Klitschko in 2017. Fury’s last win with Vladimir in 2016. These two gave their victories over the washed wlad in a mega mega, which shows the meaning of the match.

Last updated 04/03/2025

Continue Reading
Advertisement

OUR NEWSLETTER

Subscribe Us To Receive Our Latest News Directly In Your Inbox!

We don’t spam! Read our privacy policy for more info.

Trending