Boxing
24k gold TKO of Fabio Wardley Parker
Published
7 months agoon
Fabio Wardley (20-0-1, 19 KO) says he is ready to fight Oleksandr Usyk for his four heavyweight titles after defeating Joseph Parker (36-4, 24 KO) by 11th round technical knockout on Saturday night at the O2 Arena in London.
(Source: Queensberry/Leigh Dawney)
Wardley’s 24-karat gold breakthrough
Wardley entered the fight holding the WBA interim heavyweight title against WBO interim champion Parker. There were moments in rounds 1, 9 and 10 where Wardley looked like he might not advance. What saved him was his resilience, his fighting spirit, and the way he gained energy when Parker briefly got him into trouble.
This is what turned the tables on Wardley in the 10th round. He was injured after eating multiple shots following a series of punches from Parker. He came back to stun Parker slow in the round. In the 11th, Wardley landed a smash right to Parker’s head, sending him back against the ropes.
The referee’s detention incites Parker’s ire
After a strange back and forth exchange, Parker fell to the ropes. Inexplicably, referee Howard Foster stepped in and stopped the fight. In response, an angry-looking Parker shoved Foster, letting him know he shouldn’t have stopped the fight. The arrest occurred at 1:54.
It looked like Wardley would have finished Parker off anyway. Wardley had a killer instinct and for Parker to survive, he would have to gaslight. It didn’t look like it was going to happen. Wardley would have hit him continuously if the referee hadn’t blown his whistle.
“I wasn’t hurt. I wasn’t concussed. You saw me go into it in the second round,” Fabio Wardley said in post-fight press conference after his victory over Joseph Parker. “It wasn’t anything earth-shattering. It wasn’t anything mind-blowing. It didn’t surprise me at all,” Wardley said when asked about Parker’s power.
Wardley actually looked dazed slow in the first round after being hit by a challenging right hand from Parker. But he came back sturdy in the second round, hurting Parker and hitting him with a storm of shots. It was a miracle that the Fresh Zealander made it out of the innings.
Usyk now in Wardley’s sights
“That was the goal and everything I wanted,” Wardley said of his thoughts on becoming a must-see for Oleksandr Usyk. “I can’t ask for anything more in this sport. When the bell rings, when Usyk and I finally get in the ring, he’s going to have to work for it.”
An eight-year slog to glory
It didn’t take Wardley too many years to close in on the Usyk fight. Fabio has been a professional for eight years and only started facing significant opponents in 2022. Since then, he has risen rapidly, defeating Parker, Frazer Clarke, Justis Huni, David Adeleye, Michael Polite Coffi and Nathan Gorman.
What was surprising was that Parker caused Wardley fewer problems than his previous opponent, Justis Huni, last June. Wardley’s situation against Huni was desperate as he was down for nine rounds before coming back and scoring a knockout in the tenth round. Tonight. The fight was close, with Parker leading by round 11 by scores of 98-92, 96-94 and 95-95.
“I would love to do it abroad. Bring him the belts, let’s put it on,” Wardley said of Usyk.
The season in Riyad is waiting to be decided
If Turki Alalshikh is involved, he will likely want to stage the Usyk vs. Wardley fight in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. Assuming he actually finances the fight, as was the case with the two Usyk vs. Tyson Fury and the Usyk vs. rematch Daniel Dubois, placing the fight in Riyad would seem an obvious destination.
Fans just want to see Wardley and Usyk fight anywhere. This will be a completely different type of fight for Alexander than the ones he has fought so far in the heavyweight division. As we witnessed today, Wardley is a combination puncher who won’t give up. He puts constant pressure on you and you either try to match him or get eliminated.
It will be captivating to see what strategy Usyk uses to neutralize Wardley’s attack, as he won’t be able to do so while meeting fire with fire. It doesn’t have that power. Moreover, Wardley has too good hand speed and is great at combination shots.
Last update: 25/10/2025
You may like
Boxing
Hamzah Sheeraz takes aim at Canelo Alvarez after winning the WBO title
Published
1 hour agoon
May 24, 2026
“I believe he is one of the goats in boxing. It would be an honor to share the ring with him and if I get the chance, I will definitely win,” Hamzah said after his victory over Begic.
Sheeraz made this comment after saying he plans to win more super middleweight titles after moving up from 160 pounds.
“I’ll fight anyone. Look, there were boxing kings in the ring tonight and I’m trying to follow in their footsteps. So I’m just going to beat whoever I put in front of me.”
“So I’m going to take all the belts this time and inshallah, next year you will be able to see Hamzah Sheeraz as the unified champion in the 168 division,” Hamzah said.
The path to a Sheeraz-Canelo fight could open quickly if Alvarez defeats Christian Mbilli on September 12 in Riyad. Canelo’s victory will likely allow him to retain the WBC title again, while Sheeraz now holds the WBO belt after Saturday’s victory.
This would give Riyadh Season a ready-made unification fight between the two marquee names at 168 pounds.
Sheeraz’s team already seems interested in forcing the fight. Manager Spencer Brown pointed openly at Canelo after the fight when discussing the newly crowned champion’s next step.
“We are marching in the face of Canelo boxing,” Brown said.
“This is the fight we want.”
Maybe it’s finally time for Sheeraz. He has picked up back-to-back stoppage wins since moving up to super middleweight, and his size and offensive style appear to be better at 168 pounds than they were at the end of his middleweight career.
Canelo is still the bigger star by a mile, but Riyad has shown he’s willing to take on younger, undefeated fighters against established fighters if enough belts are on the line. Sheeraz seemed to be part of that conversation on Saturday night.

Robert Segal is a boxing reporter at Boxing News 24 with over a decade of experience covering fight news, previews and analysis. Known for his first-hand reporting and in-ring perspective, he delivers authoritative coverage of champions, challengers and emerging talent from around the world.
Boxing
Canelo Alvarez makes his feelings clear after Verhoeven’s controversial 11th round stoppage against Usyk
Published
3 hours agoon
May 24, 2026
Canelo Alvarez commented on the controversial break between Oleksandr Usyk and Rico Verhoeven.
The boxing world was buzzing with their reaction Usyk successfully defended his heavyweight crown against Verhoeven at the Pyramids of Giza in Egypt.
However, for a long time it seemed that this would not be an effective defense, and the final came in the 11th round when referee Mark Lyson stopped the fight, which many viewers prematurely believed.
Verhoeven performed well above expectations, causing Usyk numerous problems throughout the fight, but although he recovered from the knockdown, the kickboxing star was stopped on his feet and denied the chance to advance to the 12th round.
Tony Bellew believes Verhoeven should be given a chance to continue his career, but Mexican superstar Canelo does not share the same view.
I talk to professional boxing fansCanelo revealed that he agreed with the judge’s decision.
“It was a good fight, I don’t think so [that it was was an early stoppage]I think they saved a brutal knockout.”
Usyk is expected to take some time before deciding on his next move, with some fans calling for an immediate rematch with Verhoeven while others want him to face mandatory WBC title challenger Agit Kabayel now.
As for Canelo, he will return to action in September and will look to reclaim his world titles when he fights WBC super middleweight champion Christian Mbilli in Riyad, Saudi Arabia.
Boxing
Prince Naseem Hamed’s biopic “Giant” hits the United States on May 22
Published
5 hours agoon
May 23, 2026
a biopic chronicling the career of former featherweight champion Prince Naseem Hamed will be released in select U.S. theaters and on VOD on May 22. The film stars Amir El-Masry as Hamed and Pierce Brosnan as his longtime trainer Brendan Ingle, with Sylvester Stallone among the executive producers.
Directed and written by Rowan Athale, it premiered at the BFI London Film Festival in October 2025 and was released in the UK and Ireland on January 9, 2026, before arriving in the Middle East via the Red Sea Film Festival. Vertical holds U.S. distribution rights, and the film was financed by AGC Studios and BondIt Media Capital.
What the movie covers
The plot follows Hamed’s rise from Sheffield, England, to a world title under Ingle, an Irish-born steelworker who ran a boxing gym in a church hall. According to the official description, the film also addresses the racism and Islamophobia that Hamed faced in the UK in the 1980s and 1990s, and also focuses on his relationship with Ingle, who died in 2018.
Collider published an exclusive clip from the film on May 21 featuring Hamed’s 1994 fight against Vincenzo Belcastro. In this fight, Hamed won the European bantamweight title in 12 rounds, which was only his 12th professional contest, which was the beginning of his later career.
The warrior behind the film
Hamed, a southpaw of Yemeni heritage, finished his professional career with a 36-1 record and 31 knockouts while holding featherweight titles in multiple sanctioning bodies throughout the 1990s. Now 51, he was known for his unconventional style, pre-fight showmanship and ring walks that often ended with a fall over the top rope. In 2015, he was inducted into the International Boxing Hall of Fame.
Following Ingle’s death, Hamed directly attributed his success to his coach Ring that without him he wouldn’t have achieved what he did in sports.
The supporting cast included Toby Stephens as promoter Frank Warren and Katherine Dow Blyton as Alma Ingle. The film lasts 110 minutes.
Hamzah Sheeraz takes aim at Canelo Alvarez after winning the WBO title
Jake Paul RIPS Conor McGregor’s Return: “The Cokehead Is Back!” — REACTS to Rousey Beating Carano
Canelo Alvarez makes his feelings clear after Verhoeven’s controversial 11th round stoppage against Usyk
Trending
-
Opinions & Features1 year agoPacquiao vs marquez competition: History of violence
-
MMA1 year agoDmitry Menshikov statement in the February fight
-
Results1 year agoStephen Fulton Jr. becomes world champion in two weight by means of a decision
-
Results1 year agoKeyshawn Davis Ko’s Berinchyk, when Xander Zayas moves to 21-0
-
Video1 year agoFrank Warren on Derek Chisora vs Otto Wallin – ‘I THOUGHT OTTO WOULD GIVE DEREK PROBLEMS!’
-
Analysis1 year agoRobert Garcia discusses the debate on the greatest Mexican warrior in history
-
Video1 year ago‘DEREK CHISORA RETIRE TONIGHT!’ – Anthony Yarde PLEADS for retirement after WALLIN
-
Results1 year agoLive: Catterall vs Barboza results and results card



