Boxing
Chantelle Cameron and Natasha Jonas in Chase for Katie Taylor Showdown
Published
11 months agoon
Chantelle Cameron and Natasha Jonas are fighting to be another opponent of Katie Taylor after her fight with Amanda Serrano in Novel York on Saturday.
Taylor (24-1, 6 KO), 38, from Bray in Ireland, but WHO Trains in Connecticut, is 2-0, enters the Saturday defense of its world-handed titles in Madison Square Garden.
Serrano (47-3-1, 31 KO), 36, who as a child moved to Novel York from Puerto Rico, overcame a significant disadvantage that she accelerated three classes to Outland and Wobble Taylor in the greatest fight in the history of women’s boxing in November last year, while fighting his right eye.
But Taylor became forceful in later rounds to get 95-94 results with all three judges, after winning the first fight vs. Serrano in the issue of the disputed, divided decision in April 2022.
Cameron (20-1, 8 KO), 34, from Northampton in England and who is now training in Liverpool, also fights on the same card as Taylor vs. Serrano III in Madison Square Garden, when he is in the face of Jessica Camar (14-4-1, 3 KO).
Cameron inflicted the only defeat of Taylor, at most points in May 2023, before Ireland also took revenge on majority points in November 2023.
Cameron is signed for the most valuable promotions, companies Social Media Star Jake PauL, and because he is also a pretender for the WBC Taylor belt, the future opponent of Taylor looks like.
However, Cameron still has some doubts.
“I was told that I would fight the winner of Katie versus Amanda because I am the transient champion of WBC,” said Cameron ESPN.
“However, Amanda is not a 140-Funt warrior, but whoever wins, and if the title becomes empty, I will fight for the title after the next fight.
“I am not saying that I am sure that the third fight against Katie, because the fight with her in the trilogy should have been a long time ago. I fought her in Dublin twice and told me after the second in the ring that the fight against the trilogy would happen.
“I thought he was signed and sealed, I agreed to the date and place, and I actually took less money for her than the first two fights. But then I was told that he wanted to fight easier and fight her duty instead of me.
“She didn’t want to fight me again and did she change her mind?
Mother-of-one Jonas (16-3-1, 9 KO), 41, from Liverpool, has retirement plans on the shelf to see if he can receive one last day of remuneration compared to Taylor or Serrano.
Jonas lost its titles WBC and IBF World Welter Wweight on the British rival Lauren Price on points in March.
“Katie means much more to me because of our history, but the fight with the winner, whoever is, means that you have lanes on the line, so it makes sense,” said Jonas Espn.
“There are only three fights in which I could invest everything, and against Katie, Mikael Mayer and Amanda Serrano.
“I am sure that Cameron Cameron is higher in a queue than me to fight Katie because she signed a contract with Jake Paul. But 140 pounds are something that I could do comfortably and I am available.
“Fighting Katie would be perfect because there are only some fights that can motivate me, because you have to go through hell mentally and physically to prepare. If I intend to do it, I want to do it because of to motivate myself. Katie would bring it.”
Both Cameron and Jonas agree that Taylor’s utilize of her head can be a decisive factor again on Saturday. Serrano was seriously cut through the ass of the head in the 4th round of her second defeat from Taylor in November, and later Taylor took the point to utilize.
“I think it’s Katie’s style, I don’t think she does it on purpose, but she definitely uses her head,” said Cameron ESPN.
“I had opponents of her message before I fought Katie, telling me to think of her head and sticking to. We were aware that she was leading with my head before she entered both fights. I don’t think she did it on purpose, but when she sees how she cut you, she did it, she just did against Amandie and I in recurses. [by a clash of heads in Round 3] And then she made the decision [in the 2023 rematch].
“Katie is an incredible boxer, but she is enraged with her head and leads with her head.
“I hope that this will be a cleaner fight, but so far they have produced really good fights and I think it will be another good. It is challenging to say who will win, I think Amanda had pierced the first two fights, but Katie was forceful in the second, so sit on the fence.”
Jonas, who lost her unanimous decision from close results towards Taylor for world airy titles in 2021, says that Taylor must watch out for her head after last year she has managed a point against Serrano.
“Amanda thought she won and could do enough, but I thought Katie deserved to win the second fight,” said Jonas Espn.
“I thought that Amanda’s cutting completely changed the second fight when she was coming back to the fight, when she had cut, then changed her packed and played Katie. Amanda probably thought she had to do it because it was a terrifying cut, and Amanda lost her way, and Katie became more effective.
“I do not think that Strzępiek was deliberate, but Katie also knows how she boxes, and if you look at the faces of herself, Delfine Peroon and Chantelle after we went to Katie, we have nodules and unevenness on our faces, and they were not from the blows. It was a great decision for the judge in the second fight Serrano to make Katie, because they did It was a great decision.
“I think it’s a bit like Artur Beterbiv vs Dmitriry Bivol, if they fought 20 times, everyone would be really close, really high quality. Some gel styles for the production of classics, and so it is in the case of Katie and Amanda.
“Both girls raised women’s boxing to a different level. They don’t slide anyone, they are simply great rivals.
“The conversation around the boxing of women and around it interest in which they obtained is a recognition for both of them, women’s boxing is owed to them.”
You may like
Boxing
Tyson vs. Mayweather exhibition postponed to fall 2026 due to hand injury
Published
33 minutes agoon
May 24, 2026
According to a statement issued Wednesday by BZA PR on behalf of the promotion, the planned exhibition of Mike Tyson and Floyd Mayweather has been postponed to the fall of 2026 after Tyson suffered a broken arm during training.
The release stated that Tyson, who was photographed in a cast, is recovering and intends to continue fighting once he heals. He described the delay as a brief postponement and said the date, location and broadcast plans for FIGHT SPORTS would be announced soon. According to information, the exhibition was last scheduled for May 30 under agreements with CSI Sports and FIGHT SPORTS.
The fight between the two former champions was first announced in September 2024, and was originally planned for spring 2026. In the following months, the fight took place on several proposed dates and locations without a confirmed broadcaster. The planned date for April 25 in the Democratic Republic of the Congo did not materialize. Veteran reporter Dan Rafael wrote in March that the fight “definitely won’t happen on that date,” citing a source familiar with the plans.
Tyson’s advisor, Amer Abdallah, said Boxing news in April that the contract remained valid and that he believed the fight would continue. Tyson himself admitted that he injured his hand earlier this year.
Tyson (59) last competed in November 2024, when he returned to the professional ring and lost by decision to Jake Paul. Mayweather, who retired with a professional record of 50-0, has not fought professionally since stopping Conor McGregor in 2017, although he still competes in exhibition fights. Mayweather has separately confirmed a June 27 fight against Greek kickboxer Mike Zambidis in Athens and is linked to a September rematch with Manny Pacquiao in Las Vegas.
CSI Sports, founded by Richard and Craig Miele in 1997, owns the rights to a catalog of championship boxing events and operates the FIGHT SPORTS network. The company said it would debut the up-to-date technology in 2026, without providing further details.
Boxing
Break in the match Usyk demands WBC intervention after the bell against Verhoeven
Published
3 hours agoon
May 24, 2026
So the question is: what options does injured player Rico Verhoeven have to appeal against the referee’s decision? Under the rules of the World Boxing Council (WBC), the sanctioning body for boxing, the Council has the power to correct sedate injustices suffered by aggrieved fighters during major world title fights. Moreover, there is precedent in this case. In 2022, the WBC officially awarded the super featherweight world championship belt to Jeff Fenech, 30 years after his controversial 1991 defeat to Azumah Nelson.
Of course, it would be foolish to suggest that Verhoeven should wait 30 years to make amends and win the world heavyweight title. It can therefore be argued that the WBC Board of Governors should now call a Special Meeting to discuss the Usyk vs. Verhoeven world title fight due to the confusion the result has caused among commentators, fans and even fighters. Everyone is united that this fight was stopped too early.
It is worth noting that current WBC welterweight world champion Ryan Garcia, who was at ringside, claims that the fight was stopped after the end of the 11th round. Others wrote the same on YouTube, with one irate fan even suggesting that the Usyk vs. Verhoeven fight was rigged.
There is a belief, rightly or wrongly, that it would be unacceptable for a professional kickboxer with only one professional fight as a heavyweight boxer to defeat a reigning world heavyweight boxing champion with significantly more heavyweight boxing experience. In tiny, boxing would be seen as a joke in the eyes of many if Verhoeven was allowed to beat Usyk.
But facts are facts. After round 10, the three judges’ scorecards were 95-95, 95-95 and 96-94 in favor of Rico Verhoeven. Round 11 does not count because it was not completed properly and the referee wrongly stopped the fight after the bell.
Politics is present in every workplace. It would be a pity if politics also appeared in professional boxing. To counter this impression, the WBC must do the right thing. A No Contest verdict for this fight will not be enough as it will leave Oleksandr Usyk as the WBC champion. Something more radical needs to be done.
The WBC needs to convince the outside world that anyone can become heavyweight champion of the world if given the opportunity. The WBC sanctioned this boxing fight.
Verhoeven won on points. At the end of the 11th round, Verhoeven was still in doubt. The fight was unfairly stopped. The conclusion is therefore straightforward and will mark a progressive step in professional boxing.
Rico Verhoeven is the modern world heavyweight boxing champion. But it would have sounded better if Michael Buffer had been allowed to make this announcement.
Romer Cherubiny
Independent journalist
Great Britain
Boxing
Vasily Lomachenko will get an immediate chance to win the world title in his comeback fight
Published
5 hours agoon
May 24, 2026
Vasily Lomachenko can win the world title outright, but only if he decides to fight at 130 pounds.
Either way, the 38-year-old is expected to return to action later this year after his contract with Top Rank expired earlier this month.
As a promotional free agent, “Loma” is expected to fight for the first time since May 2024, when he earned an 11th-round victory over George Kambosos Jr.
Lomachenko thus won the IBF lightweight title after previously being a three-division world champion, with his last 10 professional appearances coming at 135 pounds.
While many expect him to return to lightweight, perhaps in pursuit of a showdown with Gervonta Davis, the Ukrainian could potentially be tempted by a chance at 130 pounds.
In other words, he will get an immediate shot at the world title against unified champion Emanuel Navarrete, who is falling from a dominant position Final in the 11th round against Eduardo “Sugar” Nunez.
This, in turn, led to the unification of the WBO and IBF titles, although it is unclear what options the Mexican is considering for his next fight.
However, one of them may be a fight with Lomachenko, and WBO president Gustavo Olivieri will share his thoughts on this matter via social media.
“Lomachenko is back and if he wants to fight at 130 pounds with Navarrete, I’m sure the WBO Executive Committee [will approve their fight].
“In delicate of his professional merits – [two-time] Olympic [gold] medalist, multi-division champion, WBO super champion, future Hall of Famer – I’m sure the acceptance will be unanimous.”
WBO President Gustavo Olivieri reiterated that should Team Loma formally pursue a head-to-head fight against Emanuel “Vaquero” Navarrete, the matter would be seriously considered by the Executive Committee, given Lomachenko’s legacy as a three-division WBO world champion and one of… pic.twitter.com/ZJy3qTcU3P
— WBO (@WorldBoxingOrg) May 21, 2026
While a fight with Lomachenko could make sense for both sides, super featherweight contender Charly Suarez will be demanding a mandatory shot against Navarrete if he makes his next fight against Manuel Avila on July 11.
Tyson vs. Mayweather exhibition postponed to fall 2026 due to hand injury
Break in the match Usyk demands WBC intervention after the bell against Verhoeven
Vasily Lomachenko will get an immediate chance to win the world title in his comeback fight
Pacquiao vs marquez competition: History of violence
Dmitry Menshikov statement in the February fight
Stephen Fulton Jr. becomes world champion in two weight by means of a decision
Fabio Wardley vs. Daniel Dubois • FULL WEIGH IN & FACE OFF | DAZN Boxing
“STOPPED AFTER THE BELL! WE WILL APPEAL” Rico Verhoeven FUMES Over Controversial Oleksandr Usyk KO
“I HAD TO F***ING GO FOR IT!” – Daniel Dubois on being KNOCKED DOWN by Wardley
Trending
-
Opinions & Features1 year agoPacquiao vs marquez competition: History of violence
-
MMA1 year agoDmitry Menshikov statement in the February fight
-
Results1 year agoStephen Fulton Jr. becomes world champion in two weight by means of a decision
-
Results1 year agoKeyshawn Davis Ko’s Berinchyk, when Xander Zayas moves to 21-0
-
Video1 year agoFrank Warren on Derek Chisora vs Otto Wallin – ‘I THOUGHT OTTO WOULD GIVE DEREK PROBLEMS!’
-
Analysis1 year agoRobert Garcia discusses the debate on the greatest Mexican warrior in history
-
Video1 year ago‘DEREK CHISORA RETIRE TONIGHT!’ – Anthony Yarde PLEADS for retirement after WALLIN
-
Results1 year agoLive: Catterall vs Barboza results and results card



