Connect with us

Boxing

Teofimo Lopez calls Ryan Garcia-Shakur conversation ‘inside’

Published

on

Image: Teofimo Lopez Calls Ryan Garcia-Shakur Talk “Mid”

Teofimo Lopez doesn’t seem impressed with the growing rumors surrounding a possible fight between Ryan Garcia and Shakur Stevenson.

Ryan said earlier Monday during an appearance on ESPN’s First Take that he believed he could become “the face of boxing,” while Shakur later responded publicly, urging Ryan to continue the fight between the two.


“I have every opportunity to stay the face of boxingbut now I just have to prove it,” Ryan said during his First Take interview with Stephen A. Smith.

“So what are we waiting for, let’s stay vigorous @RyanGarcia,” Shakur later wrote on X.

Teofimo responded shortly afterwards with two separate posts directed at both players.

“These boys dress up and think it’s someone f**k like Comic-Con @RyanGarcia 🦹‍♂️,” Teofimo wrote in response.

Teofimo later added another response aimed at publicly calling out Shakur to Ryan.

“Middle, middle, middle, skip, skip!” Teofimo continued writing X.

The comments came four months after Shakur defeated Teofimo in January to win the WBO welterweight title. Ryan also recently mentioned Shakur as a potential future 140-pound opponent, even though he currently holds the WBC welterweight title following his February victory over Mario Barrios.

Ryan has fielded several potential opponents recently as he looks for another huge fight later this year. Shakur continued to publicly push for the fight after moving up to 140 pounds, while Teofimo remains linked to the same group of fighters after his January loss.

Click here to sign up for our FREE newsletter

Related boxing news:

Categories Ryan Garcia, Shakur Stevenson and Teofimo Lopez

Last updated: 18/05/2026 at 15:53

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Boxing

Reports suggest Tyson Fury has rejected a UK reform approach to running for mayor

Published

on

According to Reform UK’s Nigel Farage, Tyson Fury has been asked to stand reports from LBC and Paper i.

LBC reported that sources close to both the former unified heavyweight champion and the party confirmed that Fury was not interested in politics. The same report shows that Reform UK and Fury have been contacted for comment.

The context of the approach

The reports come as Reform UK prepares for a by-election in Makerfield, Greater Manchester, triggered by the resignation of Labor MP Josh Simons to make way for Andy Burnham. In the local elections held earlier this month, Reform won the eight Makerfield wards with 50.4% of the vote, Labor on 22.7% and the Greens on just under 11%, according to LBC.

Farage said the party would “throw absolutely everything” at the seat, LBC reported, and was looking for huge names to spearhead its campaign in the region.

Fury’s previous political interests

This isn’t the first time Fury’s name has been linked to a political campaign. In 2015 he told the BBC he wanted to become MP for Morecambe and intended to stand as an independent MP. “I want to make a change for the better where I live,” Fury said at the time, according to an LBC summary of earlier remarks. “I believe I will succeed because I have an influence on the city’s inhabitants.”

This campaign never came to fruition. Fury, now 37, lived in Morecambe, Lancashire, for about 17 years before moving to the Isle of Man last year, citing privacy and security.

Back to the Ring

Fury returned from a 16-month absence on April 10, taking a unanimous decision over Arslanbek Makhmudov. He then called Anthony Joshua to the ring and reports have since pointed to a Q4 2026 meeting between the two British heavyweights backed by Turki Alalshikh and Ring Magazine.

Reform UK has not publicly named a candidate for the Makerfield by-election.

Continue Reading

Boxing

Timothy Bradley learned the truth about Terence Crawford during a sparring match in 2011

Published

on

Crawford training 2025

Timothy Bradley says he learned everything he needed to know about Terence Crawford in his first sparring session – long before most boxing fans even knew who Crawford was.

Bradley recalled the experience, reflecting on Crawford’s mentality and his ability to handle pressure in any situation, describing a juvenile fighter who arrived all by himself and immediately began picking a world champion.

“Let’s go back to 2011 when I first sparred with him,” Bradley explained to ESPN.

“Get this. He got off the plane, his brother-in-law picked him up, he went to the gym. Don’t go to his hotel, rest, no. You took him to the gym, you got off, his bag was still in the car, I put the hooks on.

“No one with him. Think about it, no one with him.”

“He comes into the ring, says hello, in the corner, alone. I had the whole team around me.”

At that time, Bradley was already a two-time world champion, and Crawford was still years away from becoming one of boxing’s pound-for-pound stars.

“And I’m a two-time world champion, think about it,” Bradley continued.

“Nobody gives him any instructions. He comes in there and tears me to pieces.”

Timothy Bradley on Terence Crawford

Bradley explained that what happened the next day convinced him that Crawford had a mentality that few players have.

“And then what? OK, the next day, fine, we’ll spar again. Completely different fighter. No one in the corner again,” Bradley added.

“This guy can mentally handle anything, he can handle any situation.”

The storyline offers a revealing look at Crawford long before his championships, pound-for-pound rankings and superstar reputation.

According to Bradley, the qualities that define Crawford today were obvious even then.

Everything Bradley described about Crawford back then still sounds familiar.

Crawford walked into the hall of champions himself and acted like he already belonged there.

ESPN

Crawford’s mentality

History shows that Crawford was always himself and had complete confidence in his ability to support himself.

Even as a juvenile fighter just starting his career, walking into a champion’s gym in unfamiliar surroundings and setting it up for Timothy Bradley says a lot about Crawford’s mentality.

Very few players would put themselves in this situation and believe that this is where they belong.

Years later, with Crawford now considered one of the greatest fighters of his generation, Bradley’s story seems less surprising and more an early warning sign of what boxing would ultimately experience.


About the author

Phil Jay is the editor-in-chief of World Boxing News (WBN) and a boxing veteran with over 15 years of experience. Read the full biography.

Continue Reading

Boxing

This weekend, Team Terence Crawford and Team Canelo will face each other again in the heavyweight elimination final

Published

on

Team Terence Crawford and Team Canelo clash again this weekend in heavyweight final eliminator

The teams behind last year’s blockbuster clash between Terence Crawford and Saul “Canelo” Alvarez will go head-to-head again next weekend in Egypt.

Brian “BoMac” McIntyre trained Crawford from his debut until his retirement, and the same can be said for Eddy Reynoso and Canelo when the Mexican decides to hang up the gloves. The two camps went head to head in the biggest fight of 2025, and the Americans emerged victorious, crowning Crawford the undisputed super middleweight champion and handing Alvarez only his third defeat in 68 fights.

This coming weekend at the Pyramids of Giza, “BoMac” and Reynoso will once again be in opposite corners as heavyweights Richard Torrez Jr and Frank Sanchez fight in the IBF final eliminator for a chance to fight champion Oleksandr Usyk, who fights kickboxer Rico Verhoeven in the main event.

Unlike Sanchez, who has been with Reynoso for several years beyond his 2022 absence, Torrez only recently started working with McIntyre at B&B Sports Academy in Omaha.

The respected trainer, who also counts Lester Martinez in his stable and who previously trained Keyshawn Davis, said Top position that he has been impressed so far and expects his up-to-date heavyweight protege to shine this weekend.

“Frank Sanchez is a great player. He has a great team behind him, a great coach. I know for a fact that with Eddye Reynoso, these guys are ready. I wouldn’t accept anything less, and [inactivity] it doesn’t matter to him.

“It’s going to be a tough fight for the first few rounds because the guys will feel each other, try each other’s strength, but the will and determination will fade. And I know one thing – Frank failed. He was stopped. So he knows how to lose. Undefeated, Richard’s silver medalist. The kid hasn’t lost in a dozen years. I’m just looking for him to go out there, do his thing and win for sure.”

After his amateur success with the U.S. national team, Torrez, at the age of 26, established a professional record of 14-0, scoring 12 knockouts and boasting his biggest victory over Guido Vianello. Cuban Sanchez (25-1 (18 KO) lost to Agit Kabayel in 2024, which somewhat dimmed his dreams of a world title, but now he is one step away from achieving it again.

Considering that Usyk-Verhoeven is more of a spectacle than high-level boxing, their clash may turn out to be the most intriguing heavyweight fight in the world. an event that also includes Jack vs. Shakhram Giyasov for the WBA Regular welterweight belt and Hamzeh Sheeraz vs. Al Begic for the vacant WBO super middleweight title previously held by Canelo and Crawford.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

OUR NEWSLETTER

Subscribe Us To Receive Our Latest News Directly In Your Inbox!

We don’t spam! Read our privacy policy for more info.

Trending