Connect with us

Boxing

Hearna’s warning: Haney’s family hunting for a bag exposes his invincible record in relation to Norman Jr.

Published

on

Image: Hearn's Warning: The Haney Family's Hunt for the Bag Puts His Undefeated Record in Danger Against Norman Jr.

Promoter Eddie Hearn says that Devin Haney and his father, Bill, are just “I’m looking for a bag” At this stage. Hearn believes that this is “threatening” for the former world champion in two Haney divisions (32-0, 15 KO), and this way of thinking goes to his title challenge against Master WBO WBOKTreight Brian Norman Jr. On November 22 at the Anb Arena in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.

Haneya’s changed priorities

Eddie emphasizes that before Haney chose Norman Jr. (28-0, 22 KO), he tried to fight Teofimo Lopez and Jaron “Boots” Ennis in movements that showed that he was powered by money. States that Haney and Bill were no longer “strategic” With the way they choose opponents. They only want fights that would bring many millions.

Hearn states that the change in Haney, 26 years vintage, occurred after its 12-ranking majority loss in Ryan Garcia last April 20, 2024, despite the positive testing of Ryan in order to obtain drug ostarin in battle, Haney was criticized and slandered his complaints and trial.

Hearn believes that the response of fans has transformed Haney into a warrior who is no longer in love with boxing and focuses on obtaining the greatest possible payments. However, Hearn believes that Devin is now reckless and says that there is a “good chance”, that he will lose with Norman Jr. November 22.

Devin’s threatening way of thinking

“No, not yet. And that’s why this fight is very threatening,” said Hearn to Australian central boxing Asked if the next opponent of Haney, Norman Jr., focuses on money at this stage of his career for their fight. “There is a very good chance that Devin Haney can lose this fight. Not for Devin,” said Hearn about whether he likes this fight.

24 -year -old Norman Jr. He is still juvenile and ambitious and did not experience the same thing that Haney faced Ryan Garcia last year. Brian Jr. He is another kind of person who seems to bite more in his career if he had a similar situation. We do not know how money will change Norman Jr.

Haney and Bill react in the same way as many fighters after receiving great payments as the one they got for the fight in Garcia. Of course, they want to still earn similar money, and the only way to do this is to fight the large names offered to them by Turks Alalshikh for his seasonal events in Riyadh.

From the strategy to the search for payments

“What happened now is Bill [Haney] And Devin, they don’t look strategically, “said Hearn. “They are looking for a bag. That’s all. So they are like:” Where can we earn our 5, 6, 7 million dollars? What fight? That’s why they said: “We will fight” shoes ” [Ennis] At 147. Well, we don’t go up, but we’ll fight you for 150. Ah, we fight Teofimo. We will fight Brian Norman. Well, because they only want money. They just want money. They don’t care now. “

Listening, who skipped is a slack that Haney received after his frail performance in his last fight with Jose Ramirez on May 2, 2025 at the Times Square, Up-to-date York. Haney received a lot of criticism from fans and the media for choosing a box and moving to most of the fight. Although Devin won a wide 12-round unanimous decision, his performance was not considered entertaining in the opinion of fans. Haney was ridiculed in social media-Haney vs. Fighting outlets. Ramirez amounted to 119-109, 119-109 and 118-110.

Heritage dedicated to the bag

“[In the past]Bill was much more selective and tactical in terms of who to fight. Now he just wants money. This is [Norman Jr.] Still a good fight. It’s not just about money. If he defeats Brian Norman, he becomes the world champion with three divisions, which is a great achievement. But in my opinion, Haney look at the choice and look at money rather than heritage. They still care, but not in the same way – said Hearn.

Last updated 28/28/2025

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Boxing

Terence Crawford Confirms Ryan Garcia Will Defeat Conor Benn: I Got Him | Boxing News

Published

on

"Terence Crawford Confirms Ryan Garcia Will Defeat Conor Benn: 'I Got Him' | Boxing News"

Next month, Ryan Garcia will go toe-to-toe with Conor Benn in the first defence of his WBC welterweight title, and now former pound-for-pound king Terence Crawford has doubled down on his prediction for the clash.

Crawford hung up the gloves whilst recognised as the pound-for-pound number one in December, but that has not stopped ‘Bud’ from developing a heated rivalry with Garcia since his retirement, with the pair making regular jibes at one another in recent months.

Garcia has now revealed his intentions to tempt the undefeated southpaw out of retirement if he retains his title against Benn, but the Omaha-born sensation has declared his belief that Garcia will lose his belt to the Briton, favouring the challenger’s size and power.

Now, as fight week edges closer, Crawford has once again insisted that Benn will pull off the upset, as he told Fight Hub TV that he is picking ‘The Destroyer’ to come out on top.

“It’s going to be a good fight. I got Conor Benn!”

Benn will be competing at welterweight for the first time in nearly five years, looking to wrestle away the belt that Garcia won back in February with a win over Mario Barrios.

The event takes place on Saturday, September 12, at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, and on the undercard, Jai Opetaia is set to take on current WBC cruiserweight world champion Noel Mikaelian.

It currently remains to be seen whether the Armenian will still be the reigning titleholder when fight night comes around though, due to rumours that Mikaelian will be stripped for avoiding a fight with David Benavidez.

Continue Reading

Boxing

Carl Froch Claims One Welterweight Champion Could Have Stopped Terence Crawfords Unbeaten Streak

Published

on

"Carl Froch Claims One Welterweight Champion Could Have Stopped Terence Crawford's Unbeaten Streak"

Terence Crawford faced and defeated 42 different opponents during a 17-year career, but super-middleweight icon Carl Froch believes that there is one welterweight who would have put an end to Crawford’s unbeaten streak if they were to meet in their primes.

Crawford became the first post-war boxer to claim the undisputed title in three separate weight divisions last September; a run which began as a super-lightweight in 2015 by defeating Thomas Dulorme, then unifying against Viktor Postol before halting Julius Indongo in an undisputed title showdown.

‘Bud’ then moved on to the welterweight scene and knocked out Jeff Horn to capture the WBO world title on his 147lb debut, making five defences of the title before colliding with fierce rival and three-belt unified titleholder, Errol Spence Jr, in 2023.

In a unforgettable fight, Crawford brutally beat Spence down in an authoritative ninth-round stoppage win to capture the undisputed welterweight throne. Talk then turned to an unprecedented three-weight move up to super-middleweight to take on Canelo Alvarez.

After stopping off at super-welterweight to dethrone Israil Madrimov on his way up, Crawford debuted at super-middleweight in a challenge for Canelo’s undisputed crown and outboxed the Mexican superstar in an iconic win last year, hanging up the gloves three months later.

Despite those legendary achievements, Froch picked Floyd Mayweather Jr to come out on top in a potential fantasy fight against the Omaha southpaw, in an episode of ‘Froch on Fighting’.

Mayweather’s achievements speak for themselves, retiring with a perfect 50-0 unbeaten record after claiming world honours in five divisions, with his most impressive reign coming at 147lbs, where he defeated the likes of Manny Pacquiao and Shane Mosley.

Mayweather has been rumoured to make a comeback, but while there would be huge finances that would be on offer, Crawford has revealed that he would have no interest in ending his retirement for a bout with ‘TBE’, believing that the 49-year-old is ‘old’ and ‘done’.

Continue Reading

Boxing

Conor Benn Reveals His Pick: Oscar De La Hoya vs Terence Crawford Showdown in Boxing History

Published

on

Conor Benn Reveals His Pick: Oscar De La Hoya vs Terence Crawford Showdown in Boxing History

Terence Crawford has been hailed by many as the best fighter of this generation following his retirement, and now WBC welterweight title hopeful Conor Benn has shared how he thinks ‘Bud’ would have fared against six-division world champion Oscar De La Hoya.

Crawford became boxing’s sixth five-division world champion with an iconic win over Canelo Alvarez back in September; joining Thomas Hearns, Sugar Ray Leonard, De La Hoya, Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao in that elite and exclusive club reserved only for legends of the sport.

Of that group, only De La Hoya and Pacquiao have gone on to conquer a sixth division, with De La Hoya’s 2004 WBO middleweight world title win over Felix Sturm seeing the Californian become the first boxer to ever become a sextuple champion.

Crawford could have joined ‘’The Golden Boy’ and ‘Pac-Man’ in achieving that feat, having been offered a middleweight world title shot during the aftermath of his triumph over Canelo late last year – a proposal which later fell apart due to a failed doping test by Janibek Alimkhanuly.

Continuing the praise that the Omaha-born southpaw has received since announcing his retirement last December, Benn told Daily Mail Boxing that he would favour the undefeated star to get the better of De La Hoya, if they were to meet in their primes.

Benn also went on to predict that Crawford would retain his unbeaten streak against other greats of the game, picking him to come out on top against each of Mayweather, Julio Cesar Chavez, Pernell Whitaker and Roberto Duran.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

OUR NEWSLETTER

Subscribe Us To Receive Our Latest News Directly In Your Inbox!

We don’t spam! Read our privacy policy for more info.

Trending