The former coach Teddy Atlas bends towards the President to heavyweight Filip Hrgovica to defeat David Adeleye in the 10-Rund fight for the sub-center on Saturday, August 16 in Riyadh. Atlas claims that Adeleye (14-1, 13 KO) is too inconsistent and too sporadic to defeat a technical warrior as Hrgovic (18-1, 14 KO).
“He must hurt him. He doesn’t go distance and beat him. I don’t think he is offensive enough or mentally enough,” said Atlas on his Teddy canal, Speaking of David Adeleye, who must be knocked out by Filip Hrgovica to beat him on Saturday evening. “It is unpredictable and sporadic. He fights in places.”
What Atlas does not indicate are crucial reasons why Adelye is fighting in places:
He is muscles: Adelye wears too much muscles on his 240+ LB frame to fight for a full three minutes of each round. I need a break to rest
She stresses when she becomes arduous: when things go to Adelye, she decides to exploit coarse tactics. You see forearms on the face, low blows, rabbit blow and a lot of pushing. In his defeat with Fabio Wardley, Adelye lost full control, fighting like Wildman with Era of stone 2.5 million years ago.
Grab-focus tactics adeleye
“He is not the prettiest guy to watch,” Atlas continued about Adelye. “He is a gigantic, mighty guy. He can hit and is awkward, but if he approaches him, he will catch you. This can become a festival. I saw it with him. “
Of course, this can become “grabbing”. It seems that Atlas watched only one of Adeleye’s fights to see that he likes to hold a lot. He did the same in his last fight with Jeam Tshikeva in April last year. Adelye grabbed this guy all night and escaped from the murder in the sixth round, when he dropped Tshikeva when he nailed him with his left hook at the break. As Hrgovic mentioned, Adelye should be “disqualified”.
“Hrgovic is not the most arduous guy to hit. So, with this power, Adelye hopes that he will land him,” said Atlas. “If Hrgovic is not knocked out, he wins the fight. He is more consistent, mentally more stable and more consistently. After the round, Adelye is too uneven. Simply too much inconsistency in the offensive attack.”
Technical skills and technical experience Hrgovic
Hrgovic is more technically qualified. He is a bronze Olympic medalist 2016 and a much better warrior than Adelye. However, he is older at the age of 33 than 28-year-old Adeleye, he has a scar above his left eye, and his endurance is not what should be the fight with a younger guy. If Hrgovic Gass against Adeleye, as in the defeat with Daniel Dubois last year, will stop. So much is obvious.
“So there may be a bit of grabbing [from Adeleye]. I don’t know if it will be the most handsome fight to watch in the world. I think that HRGovica chin, experience and consistency will go for him. But don’t let your bomb stick [from Adeleye]. Be careful – said Atlas.
Ryan Garcia and Conor Benn are scheduled to square off next month, and ‘King Ry’ has reacted to news that this will be the Briton’s final bout at welterweight, following a difficult weight cut.
Benn has not fought at 147lbs since a knockout victory over Chris van Heerden back in April 2022, but he was installed as the WBC’s mandatory challenger for the welterweight division earlier this year, after revealing his intentions of returning to the weight.
Reality seems to have hit home for ‘The Destroyer’ during this camp though, as he has already announced that this will be his last contest in the division following a brutal weight cutregardless of the outcome, signalling that he has outgrown the weight.
In a clip captured by Ring MagazineGarcia responded to Benn’s announcement and declared that his upcoming opponent is already making excuses ahead of their meeting.
“We know you can’t make weight. This is why Conor Benn said this is his last time at 147lbs. My guy is making excuses before he loses, who says that, ‘this is my last fight at 147’.
“My guy, you gonna go backwards just to get that a** whooped? Oh my gosh, bro. It’s fine, bro, he is just going to run into it. F**k that dude.”
Garcia-Benn takes place on Saturday, September 12, at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, with Zuffa Boxing cruiserweight champion Jai Opetaia poised to take on current WBC cruiserweight titleholder Noel Mikaelian – although he may no longer be champion come fight week.
Next month, Ryan Garcia will go toe-to-toe with Conor Benn in the first defence of his WBC welterweight title, and now former pound-for-pound king Terence Crawford has doubled down on his prediction for the clash.
Crawford hung up the gloves whilst recognised as the pound-for-pound number one in December, but that has not stopped ‘Bud’ from developing a heated rivalry with Garcia since his retirement, with the pair making regular jibes at one another in recent months.
Garcia has now revealed his intentions to tempt the undefeated southpaw out of retirement if he retains his title against Benn, but the Omaha-born sensation has declared his belief that Garcia will lose his belt to the Briton, favouring the challenger’s size and power.
Now, as fight week edges closer, Crawford has once again insisted that Benn will pull off the upset, as he told Fight Hub TV that he is picking ‘The Destroyer’ to come out on top.
“It’s going to be a good fight. I got Conor Benn!”
Benn will be competing at welterweight for the first time in nearly five years, looking to wrestle away the belt that Garcia won back in February with a win over Mario Barrios.
The event takes place on Saturday, September 12, at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, and on the undercard, Jai Opetaia is set to take on current WBC cruiserweight world champion Noel Mikaelian.
It currently remains to be seen whether the Armenian will still be the reigning titleholder when fight night comes around though, due to rumours that Mikaelian will be stripped for avoiding a fight with David Benavidez.
Terence Crawford faced and defeated 42 different opponents during a 17-year career, but super-middleweight icon Carl Froch believes that there is one welterweight who would have put an end to Crawford’s unbeaten streak if they were to meet in their primes.
Crawford became the first post-war boxer to claim the undisputed title in three separate weight divisions last September; a run which began as a super-lightweight in 2015 by defeating Thomas Dulorme, then unifying against Viktor Postol before halting Julius Indongo in an undisputed title showdown.
‘Bud’ then moved on to the welterweight scene and knocked out Jeff Horn to capture the WBO world title on his 147lb debut, making five defences of the title before colliding with fierce rival and three-belt unified titleholder, Errol Spence Jr, in 2023.
In a unforgettable fight, Crawford brutally beat Spence down in an authoritative ninth-round stoppage win to capture the undisputed welterweight throne. Talk then turned to an unprecedented three-weight move up to super-middleweight to take on Canelo Alvarez.
After stopping off at super-welterweight to dethrone Israil Madrimov on his way up, Crawford debuted at super-middleweight in a challenge for Canelo’s undisputed crown and outboxed the Mexican superstar in an iconic win last year, hanging up the gloves three months later.
Despite those legendary achievements, Froch picked Floyd Mayweather Jr to come out on top in a potential fantasy fight against the Omaha southpaw, in an episode of ‘Froch on Fighting’.
Mayweather’s achievements speak for themselves, retiring with a perfect 50-0 unbeaten record after claiming world honours in five divisions, with his most impressive reign coming at 147lbs, where he defeated the likes of Manny Pacquiao and Shane Mosley.
Mayweather has been rumoured to make a comeback, but while there would be huge finances that would be on offer, Crawford has revealed that he would have no interest in ending his retirement for a bout with ‘TBE’, believing that the 49-year-old is ‘old’ and ‘done’.