Connect with us

Boxing

Josh Kelly sets the monuments of WBO Xander Zayas, claiming that he can defeat the “inexperienced” warrior

Published

on

Image: Josh Kelly Sets Sights on WBO Champion Xander Zayas, Claiming He Can Beat the "Inexperienced" Fighter

Josh Kelly is ready to a challenge to face the novice of WBO Junior medium scale master, Xander Zayas, if he has the opportunity to fight him the next one. Kelly (17-1-1, 9 KO) takes 3rd place in WBO, and one of the potential opponents whose highest rank could choose for Zayas (22-0, 13 KO) to defend his WBO title for the first time.

Last month, Xander won the free WBO title 154-Funts, beating Jorge Garcia to a 12-round unanimous decision on July 26 in Modern York. Kelly thinks Xander got “gift” It is possible to fight Garcia for an empty belt.

“I believe that I am the best in Great Britain. I am the best in my weight class right now [154]. At the moment I am one of the best talents in Great Britain. I just need a breakthrough fight for one of these guys to fight to show up, “said Josh Kelly Boxing TalkSport. “I’m not sure,” Kelly said asked if she had to become a compulsory WBO duty for 154-FUNTs Xander Zayas to fight him. “

Great Britain is not currently well represented at 154. So Kelly says little when he claims that he is the best in Great Britain at the age of 154. It should aim slightly higher. There are many talented fighters in the division who would see him as food, but Xander is not one of them. Is easily the weakest link Among the masters in the middle school middle school. Most, if not all, of the five best contenders have more talents than Zayas and they would probably survive it if the highest ranks pulled him out of the protection mode.

Is Kelly Detrone champion Xander Zayas?

“Zayas called me soon. He called me to Sky Sports. No disrespect. I think he is a great talent. He lacks experience and I think I will be able to take him to places where he had never been before,” Kelly said. “When it comes to styles, I think I can finally stand on my head.

Potential fight 50-50 Zayas-Kelly

Zayas-Kelly would be a 50-50 fight. Although Xander looked at Jorge Garcia, Kelly has a chance to defeat him. 22-year-old Zayas looked defective and completely defeated against Garcia. Matchmakers of the highest rank apparently know that he is someone who must be protected from anyone decent in the rankings of 154 pounds. Kelly is also defeated, and studied can feel confident enough to let Xander fight him, provided that the competition is put on his family pitch in Puerto Rico.

“He is 22 years elderly and is too newborn. He got some gift [Jorge Garcia] Perez. I will go there and take him off. I am chasing titles. If I want to have these great fights that fill the stadiums, I have the title of world champion. Come me now. I don’t chase him. He will chase me, “Kelly said, asked if she would follow Conor Bennem after she dethrone Xander Zayas. “There has never been a world champion from Sunderland.”

The best rank will probably wait until he finds a modern broadcasting platform before it allows Xander to defend his WBO 154-LB title. 31 -year -old Kelly would be a potential opponent for him, because they do not intend to immediately throw the inexperienced as Puncher Zayas, not allowing him to milk the belt.

Josh is not a puncher either. So they will look at him before he allows him to get closer to the WBC master, Sebastian Fundor or master IBF Bakhram Murtazaliev.

Last updated 08/10/2025

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Boxing

Terence Crawford Confirms Ryan Garcia Will Defeat Conor Benn: I Got Him | Boxing News

Published

on

"Terence Crawford Confirms Ryan Garcia Will Defeat Conor Benn: 'I Got Him' | Boxing News"

Next month, Ryan Garcia will go toe-to-toe with Conor Benn in the first defence of his WBC welterweight title, and now former pound-for-pound king Terence Crawford has doubled down on his prediction for the clash.

Crawford hung up the gloves whilst recognised as the pound-for-pound number one in December, but that has not stopped ‘Bud’ from developing a heated rivalry with Garcia since his retirement, with the pair making regular jibes at one another in recent months.

Garcia has now revealed his intentions to tempt the undefeated southpaw out of retirement if he retains his title against Benn, but the Omaha-born sensation has declared his belief that Garcia will lose his belt to the Briton, favouring the challenger’s size and power.

Now, as fight week edges closer, Crawford has once again insisted that Benn will pull off the upset, as he told Fight Hub TV that he is picking ‘The Destroyer’ to come out on top.

“It’s going to be a good fight. I got Conor Benn!”

Benn will be competing at welterweight for the first time in nearly five years, looking to wrestle away the belt that Garcia won back in February with a win over Mario Barrios.

The event takes place on Saturday, September 12, at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, and on the undercard, Jai Opetaia is set to take on current WBC cruiserweight world champion Noel Mikaelian.

It currently remains to be seen whether the Armenian will still be the reigning titleholder when fight night comes around though, due to rumours that Mikaelian will be stripped for avoiding a fight with David Benavidez.

Continue Reading

Boxing

Carl Froch Claims One Welterweight Champion Could Have Stopped Terence Crawfords Unbeaten Streak

Published

on

"Carl Froch Claims One Welterweight Champion Could Have Stopped Terence Crawford's Unbeaten Streak"

Terence Crawford faced and defeated 42 different opponents during a 17-year career, but super-middleweight icon Carl Froch believes that there is one welterweight who would have put an end to Crawford’s unbeaten streak if they were to meet in their primes.

Crawford became the first post-war boxer to claim the undisputed title in three separate weight divisions last September; a run which began as a super-lightweight in 2015 by defeating Thomas Dulorme, then unifying against Viktor Postol before halting Julius Indongo in an undisputed title showdown.

‘Bud’ then moved on to the welterweight scene and knocked out Jeff Horn to capture the WBO world title on his 147lb debut, making five defences of the title before colliding with fierce rival and three-belt unified titleholder, Errol Spence Jr, in 2023.

In a unforgettable fight, Crawford brutally beat Spence down in an authoritative ninth-round stoppage win to capture the undisputed welterweight throne. Talk then turned to an unprecedented three-weight move up to super-middleweight to take on Canelo Alvarez.

After stopping off at super-welterweight to dethrone Israil Madrimov on his way up, Crawford debuted at super-middleweight in a challenge for Canelo’s undisputed crown and outboxed the Mexican superstar in an iconic win last year, hanging up the gloves three months later.

Despite those legendary achievements, Froch picked Floyd Mayweather Jr to come out on top in a potential fantasy fight against the Omaha southpaw, in an episode of ‘Froch on Fighting’.

Mayweather’s achievements speak for themselves, retiring with a perfect 50-0 unbeaten record after claiming world honours in five divisions, with his most impressive reign coming at 147lbs, where he defeated the likes of Manny Pacquiao and Shane Mosley.

Mayweather has been rumoured to make a comeback, but while there would be huge finances that would be on offer, Crawford has revealed that he would have no interest in ending his retirement for a bout with ‘TBE’, believing that the 49-year-old is ‘old’ and ‘done’.

Continue Reading

Boxing

Conor Benn Reveals His Pick: Oscar De La Hoya vs Terence Crawford Showdown in Boxing History

Published

on

Conor Benn Reveals His Pick: Oscar De La Hoya vs Terence Crawford Showdown in Boxing History

Terence Crawford has been hailed by many as the best fighter of this generation following his retirement, and now WBC welterweight title hopeful Conor Benn has shared how he thinks ‘Bud’ would have fared against six-division world champion Oscar De La Hoya.

Crawford became boxing’s sixth five-division world champion with an iconic win over Canelo Alvarez back in September; joining Thomas Hearns, Sugar Ray Leonard, De La Hoya, Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao in that elite and exclusive club reserved only for legends of the sport.

Of that group, only De La Hoya and Pacquiao have gone on to conquer a sixth division, with De La Hoya’s 2004 WBO middleweight world title win over Felix Sturm seeing the Californian become the first boxer to ever become a sextuple champion.

Crawford could have joined ‘’The Golden Boy’ and ‘Pac-Man’ in achieving that feat, having been offered a middleweight world title shot during the aftermath of his triumph over Canelo late last year – a proposal which later fell apart due to a failed doping test by Janibek Alimkhanuly.

Continuing the praise that the Omaha-born southpaw has received since announcing his retirement last December, Benn told Daily Mail Boxing that he would favour the undefeated star to get the better of De La Hoya, if they were to meet in their primes.

Benn also went on to predict that Crawford would retain his unbeaten streak against other greats of the game, picking him to come out on top against each of Mayweather, Julio Cesar Chavez, Pernell Whitaker and Roberto Duran.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

OUR NEWSLETTER

Subscribe Us To Receive Our Latest News Directly In Your Inbox!

We don’t spam! Read our privacy policy for more info.

Trending