Connect with us

Boxing

Xander Zayas’ 3-Fighter Hitlist: Why was Vergil Ortiz Jr., Sebastian Fund and Jaron “Boots” Ennis at 154

Published

on

Image: Xander Zayas' 3-Fighter Hitlist: Why He Called Out Vergil Ortiz Jr., Sebastian Fundora, and Jaron 'Boots' Ennis at 154

Xander Zayas revealed his three warrior hit list, which he would like to fight the most at the age of 154. They are three on the Zayas list from top to bottom:

  1. Vergil Ortiz Jr.
  2. Sebastian Fund
  3. Jaron “Boots” Ennis

Zayas (22-0, 13 KO) won the free WBO Junior Medium Libra title last month, beating Jorge Garcia on July 26. Despite the fact that Garcia looks sluggish and terrible, Zayas had many problems with defeating him.

Zayas strategy in Top Range

After watching the fight, it can be said that this is the best that Xander can do. He can’t better beat fighters than Jorge Garcia. He lacks power and shows reluctance to commit. The amount of maintenance, which Zayas against Garcia was the most I have ever seen from a warrior without punishment or disqualification. It was extreme.

Zayasa promoters in the highest rank do not expect any of these three to fight him on his list. Instead, he says that he defends against the fringent of a welterweight Giovani Santillan In December at home to Puerto Rico.

“Vergil Ortiz #1, Sebastian Fundor and Boots Ennis,” said Xander Zayas Boxing DAZNassessing who he prefers to fight in the next. “Vergil Ortiz, I feel that there will be a great fight on the east coast for Puerto Rico and Mexico. He is from Mexico, I from Puerto Rico, fighting a lot in Modern York. I feel that being on the east coast would be a crazy fight.”

“The same with shoes on the east coast. He is a former world champion and moves in a weight class. I have to see him at the age of 154. 147 This is a completely different story. That’s why I chose him,” said Zayas.

Indigent link to 154

Ennis would be complex if he immediately fought with one of the high -quality younger medium scales in his first fight in the fresh weight class. But this would not be a problem if the shoes fought Xander Zayas in his first fight at the age of 154, because he is not one of the talented fighters. He is more a paper master. It is like Mario Barios from a 154-pound division. In other words, Zayas is the weakest link.

Ennis would easily beat Xander if he had such a chance that he would not. The highest rank will not allow it and will probably never be. It doesn’t matter how long shoes fight at the age of 154.

“The second, Sebastian Fund, I chose him because I was obligatory, and I felt that the fight would happen. I still want to present that I could beat him,” said Xander.

It is doubtful that the highest rank will throw Xander against funds, because the result would almost certainly be furious with their warrior. They try to turn Zayas into a star in Modern York, selectively matching him in the same way as Edgar Berlang. If they allowed Zayas to fight the fund, he would be ruined permanently, just like Ennis and Vergil Ortiz Jr.

Last updated 08/05/2025

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Boxing

Ryan Garcia Responds to Conor Benns Weight Concerns Ahead of Upcoming Fight

Published

on

"Ryan Garcia Responds to Conor Benn's Weight Concerns Ahead of Upcoming Fight"

Ryan Garcia and Conor Benn are scheduled to square off next month, and ‘King Ry’ has reacted to news that this will be the Briton’s final bout at welterweight, following a difficult weight cut.

Benn has not fought at 147lbs since a knockout victory over Chris van Heerden back in April 2022, but he was installed as the WBC’s mandatory challenger for the welterweight division earlier this year, after revealing his intentions of returning to the weight.

Reality seems to have hit home for ‘The Destroyer’ during this camp though, as he has already announced that this will be his last contest in the division following a brutal weight cutregardless of the outcome, signalling that he has outgrown the weight.

In a clip captured by Ring MagazineGarcia responded to Benn’s announcement and declared that his upcoming opponent is already making excuses ahead of their meeting.

“We know you can’t make weight. This is why Conor Benn said this is his last time at 147lbs. My guy is making excuses before he loses, who says that, ‘this is my last fight at 147’.

“My guy, you gonna go backwards just to get that a** whooped? Oh my gosh, bro. It’s fine, bro, he is just going to run into it. F**k that dude.”

Garcia-Benn takes place on Saturday, September 12, at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, with Zuffa Boxing cruiserweight champion Jai Opetaia poised to take on current WBC cruiserweight titleholder Noel Mikaelian – although he may no longer be champion come fight week.

Continue Reading

Boxing

Terence Crawford Confirms Ryan Garcia Will Defeat Conor Benn: I Got Him | Boxing News

Published

on

"Terence Crawford Confirms Ryan Garcia Will Defeat Conor Benn: 'I Got Him' | Boxing News"

Next month, Ryan Garcia will go toe-to-toe with Conor Benn in the first defence of his WBC welterweight title, and now former pound-for-pound king Terence Crawford has doubled down on his prediction for the clash.

Crawford hung up the gloves whilst recognised as the pound-for-pound number one in December, but that has not stopped ‘Bud’ from developing a heated rivalry with Garcia since his retirement, with the pair making regular jibes at one another in recent months.

Garcia has now revealed his intentions to tempt the undefeated southpaw out of retirement if he retains his title against Benn, but the Omaha-born sensation has declared his belief that Garcia will lose his belt to the Briton, favouring the challenger’s size and power.

Now, as fight week edges closer, Crawford has once again insisted that Benn will pull off the upset, as he told Fight Hub TV that he is picking ‘The Destroyer’ to come out on top.

“It’s going to be a good fight. I got Conor Benn!”

Benn will be competing at welterweight for the first time in nearly five years, looking to wrestle away the belt that Garcia won back in February with a win over Mario Barrios.

The event takes place on Saturday, September 12, at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, and on the undercard, Jai Opetaia is set to take on current WBC cruiserweight world champion Noel Mikaelian.

It currently remains to be seen whether the Armenian will still be the reigning titleholder when fight night comes around though, due to rumours that Mikaelian will be stripped for avoiding a fight with David Benavidez.

Continue Reading

Boxing

Carl Froch Claims One Welterweight Champion Could Have Stopped Terence Crawfords Unbeaten Streak

Published

on

"Carl Froch Claims One Welterweight Champion Could Have Stopped Terence Crawford's Unbeaten Streak"

Terence Crawford faced and defeated 42 different opponents during a 17-year career, but super-middleweight icon Carl Froch believes that there is one welterweight who would have put an end to Crawford’s unbeaten streak if they were to meet in their primes.

Crawford became the first post-war boxer to claim the undisputed title in three separate weight divisions last September; a run which began as a super-lightweight in 2015 by defeating Thomas Dulorme, then unifying against Viktor Postol before halting Julius Indongo in an undisputed title showdown.

‘Bud’ then moved on to the welterweight scene and knocked out Jeff Horn to capture the WBO world title on his 147lb debut, making five defences of the title before colliding with fierce rival and three-belt unified titleholder, Errol Spence Jr, in 2023.

In a unforgettable fight, Crawford brutally beat Spence down in an authoritative ninth-round stoppage win to capture the undisputed welterweight throne. Talk then turned to an unprecedented three-weight move up to super-middleweight to take on Canelo Alvarez.

After stopping off at super-welterweight to dethrone Israil Madrimov on his way up, Crawford debuted at super-middleweight in a challenge for Canelo’s undisputed crown and outboxed the Mexican superstar in an iconic win last year, hanging up the gloves three months later.

Despite those legendary achievements, Froch picked Floyd Mayweather Jr to come out on top in a potential fantasy fight against the Omaha southpaw, in an episode of ‘Froch on Fighting’.

Mayweather’s achievements speak for themselves, retiring with a perfect 50-0 unbeaten record after claiming world honours in five divisions, with his most impressive reign coming at 147lbs, where he defeated the likes of Manny Pacquiao and Shane Mosley.

Mayweather has been rumoured to make a comeback, but while there would be huge finances that would be on offer, Crawford has revealed that he would have no interest in ending his retirement for a bout with ‘TBE’, believing that the 49-year-old is ‘old’ and ‘done’.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

OUR NEWSLETTER

Subscribe Us To Receive Our Latest News Directly In Your Inbox!

We don’t spam! Read our privacy policy for more info.

Trending