Connect with us

Boxing

Congress has set an invoice to update federal boxing regulations

Published

on

A double -sided law aimed at updating federal provisions regarding professional boxing was introduced to the US Congress.

American representatives Brian Jack, R-Georgia and Sharice Davids, D-Kansas, introduced on Wednesday the act of legislation, Muhammad Ali American Boxing Revival Act. The bill would add many provisions to a professional boxing safety act of 1996 and allow the creation of United Boxing Organizations (POW) as an alternative to sanctioning bodies that are currently supervising boxing.

The proposed POWER system would require a national minimum compensation of USD 150 per round for professional boxers, as well as a higher minimum health insurance and axle programs. Currently, all minimum in different areas do not exist or determined by individual countries.

“For me, boxing dies in America,” said Rep. Jack, said Espn. “Each record would confirm that this is a constant inheritance. The numbers of wages have dropped at the sight, HBO and Showtime left this sport. The ESPN agreement with the highest rank promotions expires in August. The ambiguity of current regulations caused investments in the USA, and we offer a two -party solution.”

Boxing is the only professional sport regulated by Congress. If the act would like, this would mean the first vital update of federal law on sport since the boxing reform of Muhammad Ali from 2000.

Jack is a box of boxing, and Davids is a former professional mixed fight artist. The Act is also supported by the Boxing Commission Association [ABC] And Lonnie Ali, wife of the deceased Muhammad Ali. This would not replace the current system of sanctioning organs around boxing, but it would introduce a modern system with the possibility of joining many beats to the industry.

One of these poore may include Zuff boxing. In March, Turki Alalshikh, chairman of the general Arabia of Saudi Arabia, announced the creation of a modern boxing undertaking in cooperation with TKO Group Holdings, the owner of UFC and WWE. The company is run by UFC Dana White, and in September the first enormous event will take place with the participation of Canelo Alvarez and Terenka Crawford.

“Thank you to Jack and Davids Rep. “This is a thoughtful solution that retains the original Ali Act from 2000, while providing boxers with access to a larger number of choices, greater health and safety protection and better paying for the upcoming fighters. We are proud of supporting Muhammad Ali’s boxing in America.

Legislation will probably be directed to the home committee for energy and trade, because its predecessors from 1996 and 2000 were, as well as the final vote in the House of Representatives. If he is, he will be sent to the US Senate.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Boxing

Ryan Garcia Responds to Conor Benns Weight Concerns Ahead of Upcoming Fight

Published

on

"Ryan Garcia Responds to Conor Benn's Weight Concerns Ahead of Upcoming Fight"

Ryan Garcia and Conor Benn are scheduled to square off next month, and ‘King Ry’ has reacted to news that this will be the Briton’s final bout at welterweight, following a difficult weight cut.

Benn has not fought at 147lbs since a knockout victory over Chris van Heerden back in April 2022, but he was installed as the WBC’s mandatory challenger for the welterweight division earlier this year, after revealing his intentions of returning to the weight.

Reality seems to have hit home for ‘The Destroyer’ during this camp though, as he has already announced that this will be his last contest in the division following a brutal weight cutregardless of the outcome, signalling that he has outgrown the weight.

In a clip captured by Ring MagazineGarcia responded to Benn’s announcement and declared that his upcoming opponent is already making excuses ahead of their meeting.

“We know you can’t make weight. This is why Conor Benn said this is his last time at 147lbs. My guy is making excuses before he loses, who says that, ‘this is my last fight at 147’.

“My guy, you gonna go backwards just to get that a** whooped? Oh my gosh, bro. It’s fine, bro, he is just going to run into it. F**k that dude.”

Garcia-Benn takes place on Saturday, September 12, at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, with Zuffa Boxing cruiserweight champion Jai Opetaia poised to take on current WBC cruiserweight titleholder Noel Mikaelian – although he may no longer be champion come fight week.

Continue Reading

Boxing

Terence Crawford Confirms Ryan Garcia Will Defeat Conor Benn: I Got Him | Boxing News

Published

on

"Terence Crawford Confirms Ryan Garcia Will Defeat Conor Benn: 'I Got Him' | Boxing News"

Next month, Ryan Garcia will go toe-to-toe with Conor Benn in the first defence of his WBC welterweight title, and now former pound-for-pound king Terence Crawford has doubled down on his prediction for the clash.

Crawford hung up the gloves whilst recognised as the pound-for-pound number one in December, but that has not stopped ‘Bud’ from developing a heated rivalry with Garcia since his retirement, with the pair making regular jibes at one another in recent months.

Garcia has now revealed his intentions to tempt the undefeated southpaw out of retirement if he retains his title against Benn, but the Omaha-born sensation has declared his belief that Garcia will lose his belt to the Briton, favouring the challenger’s size and power.

Now, as fight week edges closer, Crawford has once again insisted that Benn will pull off the upset, as he told Fight Hub TV that he is picking ‘The Destroyer’ to come out on top.

“It’s going to be a good fight. I got Conor Benn!”

Benn will be competing at welterweight for the first time in nearly five years, looking to wrestle away the belt that Garcia won back in February with a win over Mario Barrios.

The event takes place on Saturday, September 12, at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, and on the undercard, Jai Opetaia is set to take on current WBC cruiserweight world champion Noel Mikaelian.

It currently remains to be seen whether the Armenian will still be the reigning titleholder when fight night comes around though, due to rumours that Mikaelian will be stripped for avoiding a fight with David Benavidez.

Continue Reading

Boxing

Carl Froch Claims One Welterweight Champion Could Have Stopped Terence Crawfords Unbeaten Streak

Published

on

"Carl Froch Claims One Welterweight Champion Could Have Stopped Terence Crawford's Unbeaten Streak"

Terence Crawford faced and defeated 42 different opponents during a 17-year career, but super-middleweight icon Carl Froch believes that there is one welterweight who would have put an end to Crawford’s unbeaten streak if they were to meet in their primes.

Crawford became the first post-war boxer to claim the undisputed title in three separate weight divisions last September; a run which began as a super-lightweight in 2015 by defeating Thomas Dulorme, then unifying against Viktor Postol before halting Julius Indongo in an undisputed title showdown.

‘Bud’ then moved on to the welterweight scene and knocked out Jeff Horn to capture the WBO world title on his 147lb debut, making five defences of the title before colliding with fierce rival and three-belt unified titleholder, Errol Spence Jr, in 2023.

In a unforgettable fight, Crawford brutally beat Spence down in an authoritative ninth-round stoppage win to capture the undisputed welterweight throne. Talk then turned to an unprecedented three-weight move up to super-middleweight to take on Canelo Alvarez.

After stopping off at super-welterweight to dethrone Israil Madrimov on his way up, Crawford debuted at super-middleweight in a challenge for Canelo’s undisputed crown and outboxed the Mexican superstar in an iconic win last year, hanging up the gloves three months later.

Despite those legendary achievements, Froch picked Floyd Mayweather Jr to come out on top in a potential fantasy fight against the Omaha southpaw, in an episode of ‘Froch on Fighting’.

Mayweather’s achievements speak for themselves, retiring with a perfect 50-0 unbeaten record after claiming world honours in five divisions, with his most impressive reign coming at 147lbs, where he defeated the likes of Manny Pacquiao and Shane Mosley.

Mayweather has been rumoured to make a comeback, but while there would be huge finances that would be on offer, Crawford has revealed that he would have no interest in ending his retirement for a bout with ‘TBE’, believing that the 49-year-old is ‘old’ and ‘done’.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

OUR NEWSLETTER

Subscribe Us To Receive Our Latest News Directly In Your Inbox!

We don’t spam! Read our privacy policy for more info.

Trending