Connect with us

Boxing

Jeff Fenech believes that Tim Tziu’s corner cost him Sebastian Fundora Rematch

Published

on

Image: Jeff Fenech Believes Tim Tszyu's Corner Cost Him the Sebastian Fundora Rematch

Former world champion Jeff Fenech blames Tim Tziu’s coaching team for losing to Sebastian Fundor on Saturday evening. He believes that Tsyzyu (25-3, 18 KO) did not receive appropriate corner instructions for his rematch with the WBC Master Junior Medium weight Funder (23-1-1, 15 KO). This led to the arrest of Tisz after the seventh round.

No corner instructions for tsiza

“I feel sorry for Tim. Looking at what happened to him in the first round, he still did the same in the second round and the same in the third round,” said Jeff Fenech Jai McAllisterReflection on the loss of Tim Tisz from Sebastian Fundora on Saturday evening.

Fenech should have been volunteered to take up the duties of a modern coach Tsyzy. He could then take Broom and sweep the existing training teamAnd just focus on rebuilding it from scratch. Just sweep them all like dust and rebuild them before it is too tardy.

Tsyzyu impact resistance has dropped

The damage could already be caused because his impact resistance seems to refuse. He looked mentally as if he lost his confidence he had once.

“When you are at the level, Tim is, you need people who can maneuver you and say what you have to do,” said Fenech. “Tim has never been said to fight because he simply defeated them himself. Everyone receives recognition for this, but Tim defeated all those guys he fought himself.”

Tsyzu always fought in the same style through his entire career. He was able to escape when he was younger, fighting with Australians in Australia. Since its entry into the world class, he has fought in three of the last four fights. It is obvious that if Tim continued to fight warriors at the world level, he would still lose. There are many other fighters at the age of 154 who could do the same from Tisz, as the fund and Bakhram Murtazaliev did him.

Tsyzyu needs coaching assist

“He needed assist at the weekend [against Fundora]And he didn’t get it. He didn’t get anyone because he has a horn full of guys who have never fought in their lives, “said Fenech. “How can they tell you how to fight if they didn’t have it?”

When Tziu was inside, he was chewed by a fund that hit him with huge mountains and hooks to the side of the head. The power that the 6’5 “” High Hell “fund was surprisingly good inside. Tim didn’t like it. So he retreated many times and hit there too. It was a Tyu type situation.

The fund’s aggression paid off

“I was completely surprised,” said Fenech, asked if he was surprised that the fund attacked Tych so early in battle. “He came back and apparently watched the video and studied Tim. He brought something to the ring I didn’t think about.”

The fund showed a more aggressive side of its fighting style in its previous fight with Chordale Booker in March last year. In this clash, he immediately followed the Booker, wore him without a break, then stopped him on the fourth. He did the same against Tkom last weekend and it paid off to stop the seventh round.

Last updated 21.07.2025

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Boxing

Carl Froch Claims One Welterweight Champion Could Have Stopped Terence Crawfords Unbeaten Streak

Published

on

"Carl Froch Claims One Welterweight Champion Could Have Stopped Terence Crawford's Unbeaten Streak"

Terence Crawford faced and defeated 42 different opponents during a 17-year career, but super-middleweight icon Carl Froch believes that there is one welterweight who would have put an end to Crawford’s unbeaten streak if they were to meet in their primes.

Crawford became the first post-war boxer to claim the undisputed title in three separate weight divisions last September; a run which began as a super-lightweight in 2015 by defeating Thomas Dulorme, then unifying against Viktor Postol before halting Julius Indongo in an undisputed title showdown.

‘Bud’ then moved on to the welterweight scene and knocked out Jeff Horn to capture the WBO world title on his 147lb debut, making five defences of the title before colliding with fierce rival and three-belt unified titleholder, Errol Spence Jr, in 2023.

In a unforgettable fight, Crawford brutally beat Spence down in an authoritative ninth-round stoppage win to capture the undisputed welterweight throne. Talk then turned to an unprecedented three-weight move up to super-middleweight to take on Canelo Alvarez.

After stopping off at super-welterweight to dethrone Israil Madrimov on his way up, Crawford debuted at super-middleweight in a challenge for Canelo’s undisputed crown and outboxed the Mexican superstar in an iconic win last year, hanging up the gloves three months later.

Despite those legendary achievements, Froch picked Floyd Mayweather Jr to come out on top in a potential fantasy fight against the Omaha southpaw, in an episode of ‘Froch on Fighting’.

Mayweather’s achievements speak for themselves, retiring with a perfect 50-0 unbeaten record after claiming world honours in five divisions, with his most impressive reign coming at 147lbs, where he defeated the likes of Manny Pacquiao and Shane Mosley.

Mayweather has been rumoured to make a comeback, but while there would be huge finances that would be on offer, Crawford has revealed that he would have no interest in ending his retirement for a bout with ‘TBE’, believing that the 49-year-old is ‘old’ and ‘done’.

Continue Reading

Boxing

Conor Benn Reveals His Pick: Oscar De La Hoya vs Terence Crawford Showdown in Boxing History

Published

on

Conor Benn Reveals His Pick: Oscar De La Hoya vs Terence Crawford Showdown in Boxing History

Terence Crawford has been hailed by many as the best fighter of this generation following his retirement, and now WBC welterweight title hopeful Conor Benn has shared how he thinks ‘Bud’ would have fared against six-division world champion Oscar De La Hoya.

Crawford became boxing’s sixth five-division world champion with an iconic win over Canelo Alvarez back in September; joining Thomas Hearns, Sugar Ray Leonard, De La Hoya, Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao in that elite and exclusive club reserved only for legends of the sport.

Of that group, only De La Hoya and Pacquiao have gone on to conquer a sixth division, with De La Hoya’s 2004 WBO middleweight world title win over Felix Sturm seeing the Californian become the first boxer to ever become a sextuple champion.

Crawford could have joined ‘’The Golden Boy’ and ‘Pac-Man’ in achieving that feat, having been offered a middleweight world title shot during the aftermath of his triumph over Canelo late last year – a proposal which later fell apart due to a failed doping test by Janibek Alimkhanuly.

Continuing the praise that the Omaha-born southpaw has received since announcing his retirement last December, Benn told Daily Mail Boxing that he would favour the undefeated star to get the better of De La Hoya, if they were to meet in their primes.

Benn also went on to predict that Crawford would retain his unbeaten streak against other greats of the game, picking him to come out on top against each of Mayweather, Julio Cesar Chavez, Pernell Whitaker and Roberto Duran.

Continue Reading

Boxing

Robert Garcia Evaluates Terence Crawfords Odds Against Prime Pacquiao

Published

on

"Robert Garcia Evaluates Terence Crawford's Odds Against Prime Pacquiao"

Top trainer and former world champion Robert Garcia has considered the outcome of a fantasy showdown between Terence Crawford and Manny Pacquiao.

The two generational greats reportedly came close to squaring off in 2021, back when Crawford was the WBO welterweight champion and ‘Pac Man’ held the WBA title.

Their unification match never materialised, though, as Pacquiao was scheduled to face Errol Spence Jr before ‘The Truth’ pulled out with a torn retina.

Instead, the Filipino legend ended up losing his WBA title to Yordenis Ugas at a stage when, while still serviceable, he was quite clearly past his best.

Crawford, meanwhile, was hitting top form around this time, just a few fights away from producing arguably a career-best performance against Spence.

He did, of course, manage to stop his welterweight rival in nine rounds, before moving up to 168lbs and becoming a three-division undisputed champion by dethroning Canelo Alvarez last September.

Based on those two performances, coach Garcia has told ESNEWS that he would favour ‘Bud’ to defeat even a prime version of Pacquiao.

“The Crawford that beat Spence – and the Crawford that beat Canelo – would probably beat Manny.”

While Crawford’s prime almost certainly came during his run of eight stoppages at welterweight, it is harder to pinpoint when Pacquiao ultimately reached his peak.

In terms of his most destructive performance at world level, however, many will point towards his second-round finish over Ricky Hatton in 2009.

While facing the ‘Hitman’ at 140lbs, Pacquiao would cement himself as a formidable welterweight champion soon after, dethroning Miguel Cotto with a 12th-round stoppage for the WBO title.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

OUR NEWSLETTER

Subscribe Us To Receive Our Latest News Directly In Your Inbox!

We don’t spam! Read our privacy policy for more info.

Trending