Boxing
Fighting updates: Wilson Mascarenhas July 19 | Lupita Medina August 15
Published
1 year agoon
July 15 World Boxing News completes the best boxing news from the main promotional companies, with the latest 360 promotions and CES boxing.
Wilson Mascarenhas
The heat is growing in Novel England, when Ces Boxing returns to Mohegan Sun Arena on Saturday, July 19 with “Summer Heat 2025”, sizzling pro-am Showcase regional showwood glowdown between the two best in Massachusetts.
WBC Silver Super Lightweight Champion Wilson “Ill Will” Mascarenhas (11-1, 5 Kos) from Novel Bedford places its title on the line against the undefeated pretender Nicolas Tylas Tylas (11-0-1, 8 Kos) Haverhill at Clash of Precision.
The 8-round main event, presented by CES Boxing in cooperation with Boston Boxing Promotions, puts the two most promising juniors in Novel England against each other at the beginning of their career.
Tickets for “Summer Heat 2025” at the Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville, CT 19 July are available for purchase at cesfights.com, Ticketmaster and Boregan Sun Becion.
“He is a tough opponent, but nothing I have seen before,” says Mascarenhas. “It seems to me that it will be another good challenge for me, but I’m definitely ready for it.”
Since the return to boxing in 2021, after the terrifying attack, the charismatic mascarenhas was tears, winning 8 consecutive duels, 3 by knockout. A Verdean Roots from Portugal from Portugal captured the silver WBC US title last year, stopping the difficult Ghanian Patrick Okine in 6 single rounds.
On Saturday, Wilson will face probably the most hard test in this, bulky technician riding an undefeated run and hungry to get his first vital title.
While Mascarenhas recognizes the invincible record of Towny, “Ill Will” believes that his mentality will make a difference at night.
“I have overcome adversity in my career many times,” explains Mascarenhas. “I lost my first professional fight and I had to come back in a sedate injury. He is a warrior who has never lost before, who feels that he is at the top of the world. I show him that I want it more. I come with everything, and I have granularity and determination to delve deeper.”
Wondering if the fight will be a classic boxer duel vs. Puncher, Wilson is not able to find out that this is a bigger blow, imagining several ways in which he can ensure victory.
“Sometimes the number of knockout means little,” says mascarenhas from 8 knockout in 11 wins. “I’m going there and focus on my game plan. I have endurance to go through all 8 rounds or I can stand and fight. I have various tools that I can exploit during the Night of Fight.”
The depth of his skills and the quality of the opposition is what, according to Mascarenhas, will separate two fighters on Saturday.
“I worked too difficult to give up it,” said Mascaranehas. “At the end of the day, our records may look the same, but they are levels in it. He was not in deep waters, just like me. On July 19, he will find out that we are not at the same level, and this undefeated record will break down to the ground.”
The president and founder of CES BOKS Jimmy Burchfield Sr., who has been promoting several masters and unforgettable fights for over three decades, considers this main event as something special.
“This is boxing – two proud warriors from the same region that puts it all on the line,” said Burchfield. “Wilson Mascarenhas is a master in every sense of the word, but Nicolas Tejada is threatening, motivated and invincible. Fans are waiting for war.”
Lupita Medina
The rapidly rising female star, “Assassins from the face of babies”, Lupita Medina (10-0, 2 Kos), from Maywood, California, is to remain invincible against the Mexican Mexican mass of the mass of motion mass, in the next Hollywood event at the party on Friday, August 15. The ministry broadcast all over the world on UFC Fight Pass®, leading the world’s digital subscription service for combat sports.
The 21-year-old Medina has established herself since she became a professional in 2022 as a world-class fighter and currently ranks 4th place in the world by IBF and #5 by WBO. Medina manages Many Robles and trained by Edgar Jasso.
Presented by 360 promotions of Tom Loeffler, advanced tickets at USD 105, 85 USD, 75 USD, 65 USD and 55 USD for Hollywood Fight Nights can be bought online via Chumash Casino Resort. Chumesh Casino Resort Venue is located at 3400 East Highway 246, Santa Ynez, Ca 93460.
“Lupita is a really rapidly growing star in women’s box,” said Tom Loeffler. “Boxing fans in southern California and those who watch our events at UFC Fight Pass have watched how one of the most popular and talented teenage boxing fighters has become. In the last 25 years I have been working with many women’s world champions, I am convinced that Lupe has all the attributes to join such a long list.”
“Rubi Gutierrez is another hard challenge for me, but I worked very difficult this summer during training and I am ready for another great program on August 15,” said Lupe Medina. “My goal is to become a world champion and these are types of fights that will ensure that I will be ready when this time comes.”
Medina returns to an action after an eight-edged unanimous decision about Maria Micheo Santizo (12-5) in front of fans of the cultivation of the Southern Legion of California on May 17, 2025 in Los Angeles. She started the 2025 campaign with sterling within eight rounds against Augustin Solange Vazquez on February 21, 2025 at the Chumash Casino Resort.
Rubi Gutierrez made her debut in the United States in a sizzling clash with the world Brook Sibrian on May 22, 2025 in Los Angeles. The battle tested on the hardened Mexican boxing region, nervous 19-year-old tries to enter the highest levels of boxing with victory over the medina.
The Hollywood Fight Nights event is at the head of “King La”, Omar Trinidad (19-0-1, 13 Kos), defending his WBC Continental Americas Americas Title for the fifth time in ten times the main event against the hardly striking Lorenzo Parra (23-1, 17 Kos), with Machiques, Venezuela.
You may like
Boxing
Terence Crawford Confirms Ryan Garcia Will Defeat Conor Benn: I Got Him | Boxing News
Published
10 hours agoon
August 17, 2026
Next month, Ryan Garcia will go toe-to-toe with Conor Benn in the first defence of his WBC welterweight title, and now former pound-for-pound king Terence Crawford has doubled down on his prediction for the clash.
Crawford hung up the gloves whilst recognised as the pound-for-pound number one in December, but that has not stopped ‘Bud’ from developing a heated rivalry with Garcia since his retirement, with the pair making regular jibes at one another in recent months.
Garcia has now revealed his intentions to tempt the undefeated southpaw out of retirement if he retains his title against Benn, but the Omaha-born sensation has declared his belief that Garcia will lose his belt to the Briton, favouring the challenger’s size and power.
Now, as fight week edges closer, Crawford has once again insisted that Benn will pull off the upset, as he told Fight Hub TV that he is picking ‘The Destroyer’ to come out on top.
“It’s going to be a good fight. I got Conor Benn!”
Benn will be competing at welterweight for the first time in nearly five years, looking to wrestle away the belt that Garcia won back in February with a win over Mario Barrios.
The event takes place on Saturday, September 12, at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, and on the undercard, Jai Opetaia is set to take on current WBC cruiserweight world champion Noel Mikaelian.
It currently remains to be seen whether the Armenian will still be the reigning titleholder when fight night comes around though, due to rumours that Mikaelian will be stripped for avoiding a fight with David Benavidez.
Boxing
Carl Froch Claims One Welterweight Champion Could Have Stopped Terence Crawfords Unbeaten Streak
Published
1 day agoon
August 16, 2026
Terence Crawford faced and defeated 42 different opponents during a 17-year career, but super-middleweight icon Carl Froch believes that there is one welterweight who would have put an end to Crawford’s unbeaten streak if they were to meet in their primes.
Crawford became the first post-war boxer to claim the undisputed title in three separate weight divisions last September; a run which began as a super-lightweight in 2015 by defeating Thomas Dulorme, then unifying against Viktor Postol before halting Julius Indongo in an undisputed title showdown.
‘Bud’ then moved on to the welterweight scene and knocked out Jeff Horn to capture the WBO world title on his 147lb debut, making five defences of the title before colliding with fierce rival and three-belt unified titleholder, Errol Spence Jr, in 2023.
In a unforgettable fight, Crawford brutally beat Spence down in an authoritative ninth-round stoppage win to capture the undisputed welterweight throne. Talk then turned to an unprecedented three-weight move up to super-middleweight to take on Canelo Alvarez.
After stopping off at super-welterweight to dethrone Israil Madrimov on his way up, Crawford debuted at super-middleweight in a challenge for Canelo’s undisputed crown and outboxed the Mexican superstar in an iconic win last year, hanging up the gloves three months later.
Despite those legendary achievements, Froch picked Floyd Mayweather Jr to come out on top in a potential fantasy fight against the Omaha southpaw, in an episode of ‘Froch on Fighting’.
Mayweather’s achievements speak for themselves, retiring with a perfect 50-0 unbeaten record after claiming world honours in five divisions, with his most impressive reign coming at 147lbs, where he defeated the likes of Manny Pacquiao and Shane Mosley.
Mayweather has been rumoured to make a comeback, but while there would be huge finances that would be on offer, Crawford has revealed that he would have no interest in ending his retirement for a bout with ‘TBE’, believing that the 49-year-old is ‘old’ and ‘done’.
Boxing
Conor Benn Reveals His Pick: Oscar De La Hoya vs Terence Crawford Showdown in Boxing History
Published
1 day agoon
August 16, 2026
Terence Crawford has been hailed by many as the best fighter of this generation following his retirement, and now WBC welterweight title hopeful Conor Benn has shared how he thinks ‘Bud’ would have fared against six-division world champion Oscar De La Hoya.
Crawford became boxing’s sixth five-division world champion with an iconic win over Canelo Alvarez back in September; joining Thomas Hearns, Sugar Ray Leonard, De La Hoya, Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao in that elite and exclusive club reserved only for legends of the sport.
Of that group, only De La Hoya and Pacquiao have gone on to conquer a sixth division, with De La Hoya’s 2004 WBO middleweight world title win over Felix Sturm seeing the Californian become the first boxer to ever become a sextuple champion.
Crawford could have joined ‘’The Golden Boy’ and ‘Pac-Man’ in achieving that feat, having been offered a middleweight world title shot during the aftermath of his triumph over Canelo late last year – a proposal which later fell apart due to a failed doping test by Janibek Alimkhanuly.
Continuing the praise that the Omaha-born southpaw has received since announcing his retirement last December, Benn told Daily Mail Boxing that he would favour the undefeated star to get the better of De La Hoya, if they were to meet in their primes.
Benn also went on to predict that Crawford would retain his unbeaten streak against other greats of the game, picking him to come out on top against each of Mayweather, Julio Cesar Chavez, Pernell Whitaker and Roberto Duran.
Max Holloway questions Islam Makhachev walking around with 2 belts, Makhachev responds
Coach apologizes to Gillian Robertson for ‘despicable’ decision at UFC 330
Next up? Islam Makhachev names most deserving title challenger
Trending
-
MMA2 days agoUFC 330: 'Makhachev vs. Garry' Live Results and Highlights
-
MMA2 days agoAlexander Volkanovski vs. Movsar Evloev, Petr Yan vs. Merab Dvalishvili trilogy bout set for UFC 333
-
MMA2 days agoMackenzie Dern vs. Gillian Robertson full fight video highlights
-
MMA2 days agoUFC 330 live blog: Mackenzie Dern vs. Gillian Robertson
-
MMA2 days agoUFC 330 live blog: Jalin Turner vs. Kaue Fernandes
-
MMA2 days agoUFC 330 video: Jalin Turner lays waste to Kaue Fernandes in just 39 seconds
-
MMA2 days agoMackenzie Dern outgrapples Gillian Robertson to win lackluster title fight in UFC 330 co-main event
-
Boxing1 day agoCarl Froch Claims One Welterweight Champion Could Have Stopped Terence Crawfords Unbeaten Streak


