Connect with us

Boxing

Eddie Hearn on the defeat of Edgar Berlang from Hamzah Sheeraz: “Chunky” and “Flat” Performance analysis

Published

on

Image: Eddie Hearn on Edgar Berlanga's Loss to Hamzah Sheeraz: "Chunky" and "Flat" Performance Analysis

Eddar Berlanga says the promoter Eddie Hearn “It looked massive” AND “flat” In his defeat in the fifth round with Hamzah Sheeraz last Saturday evening at their Supermocarn WBC Eliminator at the Louis Armstrong stadium in Queens, Fresh York.

What went wrong for Berlang?

Hearn speculated that his former warrior, Berlanga (23-2, 18 KO), began to believe in his “personality”, which he created after a few great payments. He felt that he did not enter his main fight with Sheeraz (22-0-1, 18 KO) at its best.

“No, we had a great run. I wish him all the best – said Hearn IFL TV About whether he would like to work again from Berlang. “Now he has to rest and reset his mind to decide how he wants to come back.”

It is understandable why Hearn does not want to sign Berlanga again and probably for these two reasons:

  1. Re -signing the signing of Berlang would be exorbitant
  2. The way he left Matchroom: despite the lining of Hearn Edgar with the fight against Canelo Alvarez and giving him three opponents Cream-Puff, he still decided to leave when his contract was rather unspecified.
  3. A long work is needed: if Hearn restored Berlanga, he would have to slowly rebuild it within three or four fights before he returns it to the world level. In these fights he would bring a diminutive value in the match and who would say that it does not leave after the reconstruction? In other words, no loyalty.
  4. Lack of talent: Berlanga’s defeat with Sheeraz showed that he lacks the ability to overcome the highest super medium -sized in the division. What Hamzah did would certainly be reproduced by the other 10 fighters at 168.

“Sometimes you can start believing in this personality: Dawn and this kind of things.

Ego Berlang got out of control after victory in the first round with an opponent of tuning, Jonathan Gonzalezem-Ortr, with whom Hearn suited him in March last year.

Why Berlanga looked “massive”

In addition, Edgar received $ 10 million For the fight of Canelo Alvarez and a nice day of payment for the fight of Sheeraz. Berlanga could enjoy millions, and his newly discovered fame a little too much was going to fight Sheeraz.

“I think Edgar looked flat today. I thought he looked massive, but you must assign Hamzah. He was unbelievable. He was so composed. He was not in a hurry. He ripped him. He broke him with a stab,” said Hearn. “He exchanged in the right places, and then began to push him away. When he pushed him away, he began to exert pressure. He made Edgar’s mistakes.”

Sheeraz caught Berlanga with his left hook in the fourth round. When he saw how uncomplicated to hit him, Sheeraz opened an explosive combination four times, which dropped Edgar on the canvas. He did not defend himself as he had him, fighting with Hamzah.

“It was a brutal knockout. The judge should stop the fight after the second knocking down [in the fourth]Berlanga said Hearn on a seriously wounded after he was dropped twice in the fourth round.

The judge decided not to stop the fight, because Berlanga looked willingly continuing. He pounded gloves from frustration, furious at himself and wanting not to make the same mistake. The round ended before the action could resume.

They should never have released him from the stool and were lucky that he did not hurt seriously. He is too brave for his good. You saw when he fell. He pounded the gloves.

“I am disappointed with Edgar, but I am very joyful with Hamzah. I think so,” said Hearn, asked if Sheeraz can fight the winner of the fight Canelo Alvarez vs. Terenca Crawford. “It was a bad knockout [for Berlanga]. “

Turki Alalshikh told last night that Hamzah would fight Canelo in 2026. It is not clear whether Sheeraz will fight Crawford if he wins against Canelo in their fight on September 13.

It would be a waste of time for Turk to adapt to Sheraz against Alvarez if Crawford lost. Thanks to Terenka, he can refuse to fight Sheeraz, preferring to press on a rematch with Canelo. He will want the second payment against the Mexican star.

Last updated 07/13/2025

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Boxing

Terence Crawford Confirms Ryan Garcia Will Defeat Conor Benn: I Got Him | Boxing News

Published

on

"Terence Crawford Confirms Ryan Garcia Will Defeat Conor Benn: 'I Got Him' | Boxing News"

Next month, Ryan Garcia will go toe-to-toe with Conor Benn in the first defence of his WBC welterweight title, and now former pound-for-pound king Terence Crawford has doubled down on his prediction for the clash.

Crawford hung up the gloves whilst recognised as the pound-for-pound number one in December, but that has not stopped ‘Bud’ from developing a heated rivalry with Garcia since his retirement, with the pair making regular jibes at one another in recent months.

Garcia has now revealed his intentions to tempt the undefeated southpaw out of retirement if he retains his title against Benn, but the Omaha-born sensation has declared his belief that Garcia will lose his belt to the Briton, favouring the challenger’s size and power.

Now, as fight week edges closer, Crawford has once again insisted that Benn will pull off the upset, as he told Fight Hub TV that he is picking ‘The Destroyer’ to come out on top.

“It’s going to be a good fight. I got Conor Benn!”

Benn will be competing at welterweight for the first time in nearly five years, looking to wrestle away the belt that Garcia won back in February with a win over Mario Barrios.

The event takes place on Saturday, September 12, at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, and on the undercard, Jai Opetaia is set to take on current WBC cruiserweight world champion Noel Mikaelian.

It currently remains to be seen whether the Armenian will still be the reigning titleholder when fight night comes around though, due to rumours that Mikaelian will be stripped for avoiding a fight with David Benavidez.

Continue Reading

Boxing

Carl Froch Claims One Welterweight Champion Could Have Stopped Terence Crawfords Unbeaten Streak

Published

on

"Carl Froch Claims One Welterweight Champion Could Have Stopped Terence Crawford's Unbeaten Streak"

Terence Crawford faced and defeated 42 different opponents during a 17-year career, but super-middleweight icon Carl Froch believes that there is one welterweight who would have put an end to Crawford’s unbeaten streak if they were to meet in their primes.

Crawford became the first post-war boxer to claim the undisputed title in three separate weight divisions last September; a run which began as a super-lightweight in 2015 by defeating Thomas Dulorme, then unifying against Viktor Postol before halting Julius Indongo in an undisputed title showdown.

‘Bud’ then moved on to the welterweight scene and knocked out Jeff Horn to capture the WBO world title on his 147lb debut, making five defences of the title before colliding with fierce rival and three-belt unified titleholder, Errol Spence Jr, in 2023.

In a unforgettable fight, Crawford brutally beat Spence down in an authoritative ninth-round stoppage win to capture the undisputed welterweight throne. Talk then turned to an unprecedented three-weight move up to super-middleweight to take on Canelo Alvarez.

After stopping off at super-welterweight to dethrone Israil Madrimov on his way up, Crawford debuted at super-middleweight in a challenge for Canelo’s undisputed crown and outboxed the Mexican superstar in an iconic win last year, hanging up the gloves three months later.

Despite those legendary achievements, Froch picked Floyd Mayweather Jr to come out on top in a potential fantasy fight against the Omaha southpaw, in an episode of ‘Froch on Fighting’.

Mayweather’s achievements speak for themselves, retiring with a perfect 50-0 unbeaten record after claiming world honours in five divisions, with his most impressive reign coming at 147lbs, where he defeated the likes of Manny Pacquiao and Shane Mosley.

Mayweather has been rumoured to make a comeback, but while there would be huge finances that would be on offer, Crawford has revealed that he would have no interest in ending his retirement for a bout with ‘TBE’, believing that the 49-year-old is ‘old’ and ‘done’.

Continue Reading

Boxing

Conor Benn Reveals His Pick: Oscar De La Hoya vs Terence Crawford Showdown in Boxing History

Published

on

Conor Benn Reveals His Pick: Oscar De La Hoya vs Terence Crawford Showdown in Boxing History

Terence Crawford has been hailed by many as the best fighter of this generation following his retirement, and now WBC welterweight title hopeful Conor Benn has shared how he thinks ‘Bud’ would have fared against six-division world champion Oscar De La Hoya.

Crawford became boxing’s sixth five-division world champion with an iconic win over Canelo Alvarez back in September; joining Thomas Hearns, Sugar Ray Leonard, De La Hoya, Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao in that elite and exclusive club reserved only for legends of the sport.

Of that group, only De La Hoya and Pacquiao have gone on to conquer a sixth division, with De La Hoya’s 2004 WBO middleweight world title win over Felix Sturm seeing the Californian become the first boxer to ever become a sextuple champion.

Crawford could have joined ‘’The Golden Boy’ and ‘Pac-Man’ in achieving that feat, having been offered a middleweight world title shot during the aftermath of his triumph over Canelo late last year – a proposal which later fell apart due to a failed doping test by Janibek Alimkhanuly.

Continuing the praise that the Omaha-born southpaw has received since announcing his retirement last December, Benn told Daily Mail Boxing that he would favour the undefeated star to get the better of De La Hoya, if they were to meet in their primes.

Benn also went on to predict that Crawford would retain his unbeaten streak against other greats of the game, picking him to come out on top against each of Mayweather, Julio Cesar Chavez, Pernell Whitaker and Roberto Duran.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

OUR NEWSLETTER

Subscribe Us To Receive Our Latest News Directly In Your Inbox!

We don’t spam! Read our privacy policy for more info.

Trending