Connect with us

Boxing

Katie Taylor def. Amanda Serrano, maintains a super featherlight title

Published

on

Novel York – after 60 minutes and 30 rounds spent together in the ring, the trilogy between Katie Taylor and Amanda Serrano ended when Taylor won most of the decisions in a much more calculated and uncertain romance than their previous meetings to preserve his undisputed super featherlight master.

The fight ended the historic All-Women battlefield in front of an energetic sold-out crowd of 19,721 fans in Madison Square Garden, with 2.63 million gates, which sends live live in Netflix. However, unlike the other two stimulating duels, which were narrowly won by Taylor, it was a much more subdued romance with the Irishman using a control hook and Furry to make a more final decision with two results 97-93 and one judge who saw him even in 95-95.

“I apparently planned to come here and fight the disciplined in this match,” Taylor said about her performance. “I also planned to do it for the first twice, but I failed. Fortunately, I was able to make my game plan very well, move my feet and not let her on my feet.”

The previous two meetings of Taylor and Serrano were the thrilling meetings that Taylor won in a disputed way, but raised the boxing profile of women. Their third meeting shed featherlight on the boxing of women with 17 world titles questioned by the combat card, but it did not quite fulfill the extremely high bar established by the first two fights.

Both Taylor and Serrano landed after 70 blows, far from Taylor landing 364 blows in the first two fights and landing Serrano 497.

“We tried something different,” said Serrano. “It was about the smarter action, not harder. I tried to keep the distance and I tried not to go there and fight it, because apparently it did not work in the first two fights. We just tried to stick to long blows, one two, and I think that it was simply not enough.”

The first meeting of Taylor and Serrano took place on April 30, 2022 in Madison Square Garden and had a global audience of 1.5 million viewers in Netflix. Their rematch in November last year as the coefficient of Jake Paul’s decision over Mike Tyson became the most -observed sporting event of women in the history of the US, on average 74 million viewers around the world at Netflix.

“[We proved] Women can fight, we can sell and we look good, “said Serrano, who found a silver lining, even though Taylor does not meet again.

The duo had a scene for himself in Novel York and brought with him the present and future of women’s boxing. But it was Ireland’s pride that put the stamp on the 3-0 sweeping competition.

Unlike their previous two meetings, the couple spent the first two rounds before Serrano began to boost the pressure in round 3. Taylor remained composed and chose their places, while Serrano flashed the stab and landed from time to time.

Taylor (25-1, 6 KO) opened more in the fifth round and caught Serrano with his right hand and prevented the “real offer” before turning her, circling each wave of blows. Taylor started the time of advance payment of Serrano in the sixth round and rejected several combinations from the opponent’s skull whenever she tried to advance. Although perseverance, Serrano’s refusal allowed her hands, she finally became her loss.

In later rounds, Taylor felt comfortable with the pace and unyielding Serrano (47-4-1, 31 KO) with plates and used a control hook to stop Puerto Rican from charging.

Fighting from Karolina, Puerto Rico, Serrano simply did not look like her and came alive only in the final round with a decision in her hand.

Along with winning the most significant competition in women’s boxing ended, and the future of both warriors is undecided. Although the last chapter did not reach the height of its previous two meetings, Taylor and Serrano undoubtedly placed the women’s boxing on a pedestal, which was not before.

Considering the final application in his last meeting, Taylor will gladly go to other opponents or in retirement.

“I don’t know [what the future holds]But I just don’t want to fight Amanda Serrano again, “Taylor said. “It hits too much.”

During the Co-Main event Alycia Baumgardner (16-1, 7 Kos 1, the lack of a competition) retained its undisputed championships Super Feather in weight weight with a unanimous decision on the previously undefeated Jennifer Miranda (12-1). “Bomb” has survived from the results of 98-92, 98-92 and 97-93.

It was an affair for a cat and Baumgardner mice, using its stab and trying to set the traps to land her infamous right hand. But Miranda was wise to the game plan and she landed several counterfeit hands to choose the master’s progress.

However, Miranda simply wasn’t busy enough and allowed Baumgardner to start and finish one too many exchanges.

Baumgardner ended a long release with victory and said in an interview after the fight that she was rusty and wants to come back as soon as possible. With Jake Paul, anointing her as the future of the most valuable promotions are the chances that they will be busy.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Boxing

Teofimo Lopez Challenges Fathers Corner Decisions After Shakur Stevenson Defeat

Published

on

"Teofimo Lopez Challenges Father's Corner Decisions After Shakur Stevenson Defeat"

Teofimo Lopez has criticised his father for showing a lack of competence during his unanimous decision defeat to Shakur Stevenson.

‘The Takeover’ was handily outboxed and dethroned by Stevenson in January, winning just one round as his opponent became a four-division world champion at 140lbs.

As a result, Lopez is now moving up to 147lbs in an attempt to reinvent himself and become a three-weight world champion against Rolando Romero.

But while he felt a change in weight was most certainly needed, the 29-year-old saw no reason to dismiss his father, Teofimo Sr, as his head coach.

This is in spite of the fact that Lopez Sr was heavily ridiculed for his efforts in the corner at Madison Square Garden, where Stevenson’s route to victory was only made clearer by his bizarre style of coaching.

Rather than offering his son any words of advice, he just simply pointed out his flaws and gave the defending champion no direction on how to improve.

Lopez therefore confronted his father while speaking with Ring Magazinealbeit with no threats of employing a different trainer.

“Every son wants to make their father proud. When you got your father in that moment – when you’re bleeding; when they’re allowing Shakur to do all these extra things … and your trainer is not going you instructions – they’re just talking you down: ‘Where’s your power? Where’s this? You’re gonna hate yourself’ – all roads lead to [defeat].”

As he takes on WBA champion Romero at Las Vegas’ T-Mobile Arena on Saturday, it should be interesting to see how Lopez’s corner shapes up between rounds.

In any event, the American will be under a fair amount of pressure to produce an improved performance.

Continue Reading

Boxing

Ryan Garcia Responds to Conor Benns Weight Concerns Ahead of Upcoming Fight

Published

on

"Ryan Garcia Responds to Conor Benn's Weight Concerns Ahead of Upcoming Fight"

Ryan Garcia and Conor Benn are scheduled to square off next month, and ‘King Ry’ has reacted to news that this will be the Briton’s final bout at welterweight, following a difficult weight cut.

Benn has not fought at 147lbs since a knockout victory over Chris van Heerden back in April 2022, but he was installed as the WBC’s mandatory challenger for the welterweight division earlier this year, after revealing his intentions of returning to the weight.

Reality seems to have hit home for ‘The Destroyer’ during this camp though, as he has already announced that this will be his last contest in the division following a brutal weight cutregardless of the outcome, signalling that he has outgrown the weight.

In a clip captured by Ring MagazineGarcia responded to Benn’s announcement and declared that his upcoming opponent is already making excuses ahead of their meeting.

“We know you can’t make weight. This is why Conor Benn said this is his last time at 147lbs. My guy is making excuses before he loses, who says that, ‘this is my last fight at 147’.

“My guy, you gonna go backwards just to get that a** whooped? Oh my gosh, bro. It’s fine, bro, he is just going to run into it. F**k that dude.”

Garcia-Benn takes place on Saturday, September 12, at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, with Zuffa Boxing cruiserweight champion Jai Opetaia poised to take on current WBC cruiserweight titleholder Noel Mikaelian – although he may no longer be champion come fight week.

Continue Reading

Boxing

Terence Crawford Confirms Ryan Garcia Will Defeat Conor Benn: I Got Him | Boxing News

Published

on

"Terence Crawford Confirms Ryan Garcia Will Defeat Conor Benn: 'I Got Him' | Boxing News"

Next month, Ryan Garcia will go toe-to-toe with Conor Benn in the first defence of his WBC welterweight title, and now former pound-for-pound king Terence Crawford has doubled down on his prediction for the clash.

Crawford hung up the gloves whilst recognised as the pound-for-pound number one in December, but that has not stopped ‘Bud’ from developing a heated rivalry with Garcia since his retirement, with the pair making regular jibes at one another in recent months.

Garcia has now revealed his intentions to tempt the undefeated southpaw out of retirement if he retains his title against Benn, but the Omaha-born sensation has declared his belief that Garcia will lose his belt to the Briton, favouring the challenger’s size and power.

Now, as fight week edges closer, Crawford has once again insisted that Benn will pull off the upset, as he told Fight Hub TV that he is picking ‘The Destroyer’ to come out on top.

“It’s going to be a good fight. I got Conor Benn!”

Benn will be competing at welterweight for the first time in nearly five years, looking to wrestle away the belt that Garcia won back in February with a win over Mario Barrios.

The event takes place on Saturday, September 12, at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, and on the undercard, Jai Opetaia is set to take on current WBC cruiserweight world champion Noel Mikaelian.

It currently remains to be seen whether the Armenian will still be the reigning titleholder when fight night comes around though, due to rumours that Mikaelian will be stripped for avoiding a fight with David Benavidez.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

OUR NEWSLETTER

Subscribe Us To Receive Our Latest News Directly In Your Inbox!

We don’t spam! Read our privacy policy for more info.

Trending