Shakur Stevenson admits he is fighting Stone killer On July 12, in his main support against William Zepeda in Queens, Up-to-date York. The lithe champion of WBC Stevenson (23-0, 11 KO) stopped bragging and finally confessed that he was in the face of an impact machine like no other he had fought before in his eight-year professional career.
Shakura hand power problem
He knows that Zepeda is at a different level than offensive. So he says he thinks he is hit more and can knock him out. However, what Shakur had little power when he fought for 126 and 130 did not move when he moved to 135.
What’s more, his shortcrust hands hinders his power generation. That is why we see Shakur throwing more to the body, because it is an area where fighters with fine hands can throw to provide a pillow to avoid re -damage to the hands.
Threat to Zepeda Nonstop Ground
“I’m fighting the beast in the division. This guy has 33-0, 27 knockouts; he is a frigid killer, machine. He doesn’t stop hitting a guy who was waiting for him,” said Shakur Stevenson in the Ring Magazine magazine YouTube Channel, talking about William Zepeda.
It’s good that Shakur knows what he has, on July 12. You hate watching how it charges straight into the massacre, without properly examining what he will deal with by fighting a machine like Zepeda.
Stevenson is not more hard than the past knockout victims “Camaron” Zepeda, Mercito Gesta and Giovanni Cabrera. Indeed, I doubt that Stevenson could take half a penalty, like a gesture in his loss in the sixth round in 2023.
The gesture tried to run from Zepeda, but it didn’t work. He cut off the ring on it, forcing Mercito to throw him away, and was overwhelmed by blows. Body arrows that Zepeda landed pulled the wheels from under the tough Philippine warrior, leaving it without choosing it, but to stand against the ropes in the last position in the sixth.
The same will probably happen with Shakur. At first he will run, but when Zepeda lands on his body, his legs will fail him, and he will have to stand and fight with the Mexican hit of the volume in the trenches. Unfortunately, Stevenson is not suitable for this kind of war and will fall apart so quickly, maybe before the sixth. He is a guy who is built for moving, and if you pull him out of his natural habitat, It will fall apart. That is why Zepeda is the worst possible opponent in which Shakur could fight.
If Shakur is not able to escape, he will not survive more than five rounds against Zepeda, because it is not hard enough to take an avalanche of the blows that he will take him, just like the gesture and Tevin Farmer. He is a great runner, but when it comes to punishment, Shakur is average and very sensitive.
“I know I’m opposing. Many people try to compare this fight when I fought Oscar Valdez [in 2022 at super featherweight]. Oscar Valdez presses you, but does not throw it without a break. Zepeda is a guy who throws a blow all the time. I will try to break your will, ‘said Stevenson.
Stevenson’s low foot output
Shakur does not add that there is no chance to match the high performance of Zepeda, nor has the impact force to leisurely down the bombing.
In the last fight of Stevenson with Josh Padley in February last year he cast 419 shots, which was a lot for him because his opponent had no power to carefully. Shakur averaged 47.6 Brokes to the round. Unlike this Zepeda, he threw 974 blows to the rematch from Tevin Farmer in March last year and it was average 81.17 Brokes to the round.
The only reason why Zepeda not on average 100 blows per round is that the farmer held a lot and moved, trying to neutralize his crime. It only partly worked because he still threw many blows and was close to rejecting the farmer twice when the farmer turned away from him, give up. The judge could stop the fight on both occasions, but he didn’t decide.
Next month, Ryan Garcia will go toe-to-toe with Conor Benn in the first defence of his WBC welterweight title, and now former pound-for-pound king Terence Crawford has doubled down on his prediction for the clash.
Crawford hung up the gloves whilst recognised as the pound-for-pound number one in December, but that has not stopped ‘Bud’ from developing a heated rivalry with Garcia since his retirement, with the pair making regular jibes at one another in recent months.
Garcia has now revealed his intentions to tempt the undefeated southpaw out of retirement if he retains his title against Benn, but the Omaha-born sensation has declared his belief that Garcia will lose his belt to the Briton, favouring the challenger’s size and power.
Now, as fight week edges closer, Crawford has once again insisted that Benn will pull off the upset, as he told Fight Hub TV that he is picking ‘The Destroyer’ to come out on top.
“It’s going to be a good fight. I got Conor Benn!”
Benn will be competing at welterweight for the first time in nearly five years, looking to wrestle away the belt that Garcia won back in February with a win over Mario Barrios.
The event takes place on Saturday, September 12, at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, and on the undercard, Jai Opetaia is set to take on current WBC cruiserweight world champion Noel Mikaelian.
It currently remains to be seen whether the Armenian will still be the reigning titleholder when fight night comes around though, due to rumours that Mikaelian will be stripped for avoiding a fight with David Benavidez.
Terence Crawford faced and defeated 42 different opponents during a 17-year career, but super-middleweight icon Carl Froch believes that there is one welterweight who would have put an end to Crawford’s unbeaten streak if they were to meet in their primes.
Crawford became the first post-war boxer to claim the undisputed title in three separate weight divisions last September; a run which began as a super-lightweight in 2015 by defeating Thomas Dulorme, then unifying against Viktor Postol before halting Julius Indongo in an undisputed title showdown.
‘Bud’ then moved on to the welterweight scene and knocked out Jeff Horn to capture the WBO world title on his 147lb debut, making five defences of the title before colliding with fierce rival and three-belt unified titleholder, Errol Spence Jr, in 2023.
In a unforgettable fight, Crawford brutally beat Spence down in an authoritative ninth-round stoppage win to capture the undisputed welterweight throne. Talk then turned to an unprecedented three-weight move up to super-middleweight to take on Canelo Alvarez.
After stopping off at super-welterweight to dethrone Israil Madrimov on his way up, Crawford debuted at super-middleweight in a challenge for Canelo’s undisputed crown and outboxed the Mexican superstar in an iconic win last year, hanging up the gloves three months later.
Despite those legendary achievements, Froch picked Floyd Mayweather Jr to come out on top in a potential fantasy fight against the Omaha southpaw, in an episode of ‘Froch on Fighting’.
Mayweather’s achievements speak for themselves, retiring with a perfect 50-0 unbeaten record after claiming world honours in five divisions, with his most impressive reign coming at 147lbs, where he defeated the likes of Manny Pacquiao and Shane Mosley.
Mayweather has been rumoured to make a comeback, but while there would be huge finances that would be on offer, Crawford has revealed that he would have no interest in ending his retirement for a bout with ‘TBE’, believing that the 49-year-old is ‘old’ and ‘done’.
Terence Crawford has been hailed by many as the best fighter of this generation following his retirement, and now WBC welterweight title hopeful Conor Benn has shared how he thinks ‘Bud’ would have fared against six-division world champion Oscar De La Hoya.
Crawford became boxing’s sixth five-division world champion with an iconic win over Canelo Alvarez back in September; joining Thomas Hearns, Sugar Ray Leonard, De La Hoya, Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao in that elite and exclusive club reserved only for legends of the sport.
Of that group, only De La Hoya and Pacquiao have gone on to conquer a sixth division, with De La Hoya’s 2004 WBO middleweight world title win over Felix Sturm seeing the Californian become the first boxer to ever become a sextuple champion.
Crawford could have joined ‘’The Golden Boy’ and ‘Pac-Man’ in achieving that feat, having been offered a middleweight world title shot during the aftermath of his triumph over Canelo late last year – a proposal which later fell apart due to a failed doping test by Janibek Alimkhanuly.
Continuing the praise that the Omaha-born southpaw has received since announcing his retirement last December, Benn told Daily Mail Boxing that he would favour the undefeated star to get the better of De La Hoya, if they were to meet in their primes.
Benn also went on to predict that Crawford would retain his unbeaten streak against other greats of the game, picking him to come out on top against each of Mayweather, Julio Cesar Chavez, Pernell Whitaker and Roberto Duran.