Boxing
Shakur showed that the fight in him is second to none
Published
1 year agoon
Recent York-Mimo that he was an invincible world champion in three testimonies with a much higher profile than anyone on the card, Shakur Stevenson was falling into the co-maan event in the Ring 3 magazine by Turki Alalshikhh, chairman of the general entertainment authority of Saudi Arabia, presumably because of his fight. Instead, Edgar Berlanga-which in September lost a terribly one-sided fight with Canelo Alvarez-a fought up to the main event.
It was clear that Alalshikh stated that he was against the idea “Tom and Jerry Fights” (Read: where one boxer runs from the other), and the last few fights of Stevenson, while they dominate, fit into the bill. Stevenson did not take many risks.
During the promotion of his lithe defense of the WBC title against the offensive William Zepeda, Stevenson promised that he would not run away from the opponent. And when the fight at the Louis Armstrong stadium took place on Saturday, Stevenson not only gave his promise, but provided one -sided dubbing to Zepeda with a close victory.
And after Hamzah Sheeraz erased Berlanga, the alleged star of the series in five rounds, it was clear that Stevenson should never be a warrior of a cooperation event.
“I came here to prove a point,” said Stevenson after winning a unanimous decision. “It was not a performance I was looking for because I came here, trying to prove the point, I tried to fight. So I took a bigger punishment than usual. But at the end of the day I told you everything you need to do work.”
Stevenson obtained absurdly high 52.5% of his blows (295 of 565) during the 12-round fight. Zepeda, while busy, tried to connect with the opponent who stood in front of him, landing 272 out of 979 blows for 27.8%, according to Compubox.
Reading these numbers, you wonder what Stevenson meant when he said he had taken more punishment than usual. When Stevenson does not try to stay in his pocket, he uses his side movement to stay out of reach. According to Compubox, Stevenson allows the smallest shots to land compared to other championship caliber fighters, with a diminutive 5.4 stamps per round. On Saturday Zepeda landed 22.6 blows per round. But Stevenson won 10 out of 12 rounds on the results of the results of two judges and 11 out of 12 rounds on the third results card.
Statement.
“Shakur Stevenson shows that he is a real opportunity with a great win over William Zepeda” Alalshikh published on x After the fight.
Regardless of the reason why he was to be in the co-main event, the master proved that he is good enough to win the fights in any way. He is a brilliant warrior who should not be forced to fight in a different way, because free fans consider it unlimited.
Although the knockout is invigorating, Berlang’s fighters should not be expected to be in the main event. Boxing is an art, and the greatest practitioners of sweet science hope to leave this sport with intact reason. Punishing brilliant fighters such as Stevenson, because their opponents are not good enough to beat them, sends the wrong message. This is a arduous sport, and asking the fighters about each other because of the entertainment and abandonment of the defensive side of the game is ridiculous.
Stevenson showed what he could do when he felt as if he had to, but now he shouldn’t be on him. Instead, his opponents should work challenging to find ways to beat him. We hope that for the last time we see a warrior punished for being too good.
You may like
Boxing
Tommy Morrisons Son Died Twice: Brothers Battle with Cancer
Published
5 hours agoon
August 23, 2026
Tommy Morrison’s son Trey has revealed for the first time that he has “died twice” while putting past differences aside to support his brother Kenzie through his fight with stomach cancer.
Trey Lippe Morrison made the revelation while asking people to pray for Kenzie, one day after World Boxing News reported that the 36-year-old had been diagnosed with cancer and a GoFundMe had been set up to help with medical bills.
The two sons of former heavyweight champion Tommy Morrison have had their differences over the years, something Trey acknowledged openly before making clear that none of it matters now.
“No 2 other people have had their differences like my brother and myself. F*** our differences!” Trey said.
“My brother Kenzie Morrison is in the fight of his life. I want him here! I love him.”
Trey Morrison ‘Died Twice’
Trey asked those praying for Kenzie to believe that his brother can recover before revealing something he had never previously made public.
“I’ve never shared this, but I’ve died twice, I’m still here, it didn’t matter how tough I was, it was all HIM,” he said.
Trey did not elaborate on when or under what circumstances those incidents occurred and has previously kept his personal health private.
The older sibling suffered serious injuries in a 2023 car wreck that left his boxing career in doubtwhile Kenzie’s own fighting career was interrupted by injuries and inactivity before his cancer diagnosis.
Both followed their famous father into boxing and displayed the considerable punching power associated with the Morrison namebut neither was able to build the momentum once expected.
Now, boxing has become secondary for both brothers.

Brothers Put Differences Aside
Kenzie revealed his stomach cancer diagnosis after spending around a month dealing with stomach and back problems.
In his latest update, Kenzie provided further information about his situation and the urgency surrounding his search for specialist treatment.
“It’s not too late, but we don’t got a lot of time,” Kenzie said.
For Trey, whatever differences existed between the brothers have now been pushed aside.
“I love you Kenzie, and I’ll be with you every step and breath of the way,” he said.
Trey also emphasized his faith throughout the message and asked others to share Kenzie’s fight as widely as possible.
“I truly believe he will do HIM and heal my brother,” Trey said of his belief in God.
“Share everything about my brothers fight, get the word out there, everybody BELIEVE!”

The brothers may have taken different paths since following their famous father into boxing, but Trey’s message makes his priority clear.
He wants his brother here, and intends to be alongside him throughout the biggest fight of Kenzie’s life.
About the Author
Phil Jay is the Editor-in-Chief of World Boxing News (WBN), a BWAA-acknowledged boxing news website founded in 2010. A veteran boxing reporter with 16 years of experience, he has interviewed world champions, broken international exclusives, and reported ringside from major events. His work is published worldwide through WBN and distributed on platforms including Apple News.
Read Phil Jay’s full bio and latest stories.
Boxing
Teofimo Lopez Targets Next Opponent After WBA Welterweight Title Victory Over Rolly Romero
Published
10 hours agoon
August 23, 2026
Teofimo Lopez already has his next target in mind following his victory over Rolly Romero.
Lopez claimed the WBA welterweight title with a majority decision win over Romero at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, becoming a three-division world champion in the process.
Fans have already began to speculate over who Lopez may turn his attention to next, and it didn’t take ‘The Takeover’ long to make his intentions perfectly clear.
Speaking in his post-fight press conferenceLopez revealed that he is looking to face the winner of next month’s WBC welterweight title fight between Ryan Garcia and Conor Benn.
“September 12th you’ve got Ryan Garcia and Conor Benn. We’ll see what happens there, we’ll watch. Obviously Keith Connolly [Lopez’s manager] manages Conor Benn so if he wins it’s a great fight to take across the pond, and I’m rooting for it anyway.”
Lopez also admitted he could be interested in a battle with IBF champion Liam Paro, but explained why he wouldn’t want to take on WBO champion Devin Haney just yet.
“I’d rather wait for Devin at the end, and the only reason why is to reclaim the whole situation with undisputed, not undisputed. We’ll see what Devin does on that end, so it’ll either be Liam Paro next or the winner of Ryan Garcia and Conor Benn.”
Lopez is referring to when he campaigned at lightweight and insisted he was undisputed champion following his win over Vasiliy Lomachenko, only for Haney to be recognised as the legitimate WBC titleholder, meaning there is plenty of history between the pair.
Boxing
Shakur Stevenson Analyzes Rolly Romero After Teofimo Lopezs Victory in World Title Fight
Published
10 hours agoon
August 23, 2026
Teofimo Lopez defeated Rolly Romero to win the WBA welterweight title on Saturday and now Shakur Stevenson has shared his reaction.
Lopez appeared to be in control for the majority of the bout at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, though the scorecards had it much closer than people expected, with ‘The Takeover’ only getting the nod by majority decision after scores of 114-114, 115-113 and 116-112.
Romero did have a successful fifth round where he was able to rock Lopezbut other than that he failed to get any real foothold in the fight, as he lost his WBA crown and Lopez claimed world honours in a third division after previous reigns at 135lbs and 140lbs.
It was back in January when his time as WBO super-lightweight champion came to an end, suffering a one-sided unanimous decision defeat to the aforementioned Stevenson at Madison Square Garden in New York.
Stevenson has now posted on social media with his verdict on the win from ‘The Takeover’, praising his former rival for becoming world champion in his first bout at 147lbs.
“Yea Teofimo 3 division champ that’s 🔥”
Stevenson also paid tribute to Romero, saying he had ‘respect’ for the former champion for taking on anyone.
“Respect to Rolly a champion who will fight anybody Respect champ!!!”
Respect to Rolly a champion who will fight anybody Respect champ!!!
— Shakur Stevenson (@ShakurStevenson) August 23, 2026
Lopez now may look towards potential unification fights at 147lbs following his victory, with the winner of next month’s WBC title fight between Ryan Garcia and Conor Benn a possible option, along with battles against WBO champion Devin Haney or IBF champion Liam Paro.
Tommy Morrisons Son Died Twice: Brothers Battle with Cancer
Dana White addresses Namo Fazil allegedly being attacked before DWCS: ‘We handled it behind the scenes’
Anthony Smith releases first statement since July arrest for multiple felony charges
Trending
-
MMA2 days agoRolly vs. Teofimo Results: Live updates of the undercard and main event
-
MMA2 days agoUFC Sacramento ‘Hernandez vs. Rodrigues’ play-by-play, results & round scoring
-
Boxing1 day agoAntonio Tarver Predicts Rolly Romero vs Teofimo Lopez Winner: He Has the Attributes to Beat Him
-
MMA2 days agoPFL Tampa ‘Cyborg vs. Vieira’ play-by-play, results & round scoring
-
Boxing1 day agoZab Judahs Final Prediction on Rolly Romero vs Teofimo Lopez: The Impact of KOing Sparring Partners
-
MMA1 day ago‘Let’s beat the hell out of this guy’: Lerryan Douglas celebrates working with ‘real fighters’ like Marco Ruas ahead of UFC Sacramento
-
Boxing1 day agoGeorge Liddard vs Dario Morello Live Results and Updates: Stay Informed on the Action
-
MMA24 hours agoIs Cris Cyborg Retiring at PFL Tampa? BKB 58's Aspen Ladd wonders


