Ryan Garcia claims that he did not train for the fight against Rolando Romero in May last year. He says that he did not care, and the fans saw that night, it was “fraud “ Not a real Ryan Garcia.
Ryan negotiates the fight with Romero for the WBA welterweight title in December. He says he is going to “makings” He shows him and shows the fans how bad they were about him.
Loss excuses
“I went high after defeating Devin, and S *** just went south,” said Ryan Garcia Social mediaWhen discussing why he broke up with Rolando Romero in May last year. “The real ones come back and that’s what I do. I will come back and take control.”
Sitting outside the ring for a year did not aid Ryan. He returned to his gigantic residence in the Los Angeles region, little. The error was a mistake for Garcia to employ a immense puncher such as Rolly as an opponent of tuning after a year. He should have chosen a weaker impact. It’s not like Ryan needed Romero to get interested in his May 2, because he is not a popular warrior.
“I have to get it back from Rolly. I will not only let it happen. You can see that I wasn’t there,” said Garcia. “You saw that I didn’t throw any blows. Nobody was even in battle. It wasn’t dead. It’s a sorrowful part. He beat me, but I didn’t really watch.”
Courage abandoned Garcia
Ryan corresponds to his excuses that he was afraid to throw blows. His courage completely abandoned him after Romero dropped him in the second round.
After this incident, Garcia never tried to fight aggressively for the rest of the fight again. If everything came out, he would be lucky if he joined with one of his left hooks. Rolly has a glass chin, but Ryan resigned mentally too early in a fight to reveal this weakness.
“Nobody even remembers this fight [Romero] Because I didn’t promote it. I didn’t do s ***. Everything I did was there. You didn’t get Ryan Garcia. You have a cheater. I was dropped, but it was crazy, “Ryan said, trying to disregard the importance of his loss. “I was without balance and was not injured. The whole event was crazy. It was tedious and no one even watched it.”
Popularity evaporates
The fact is that fans remember the loss of Ryan from Rolly. That is why the popularity, which he enjoyed after nervousness with Devin Haney, evaporated. Fans now see Garcia as a one -dimensional warrior with a left hook in their arsenal and a frail mind. Many of them look at Ryan as a boxer at the influential level.
“Watch when I come back. I intend to blow up it and hit them from everyone. 100%. Everyone was not that day,” said Garcia.
Ryan does this work better because it is in a situation where you have to win while fighting Rolly for the second time. If he loses this rematch, what is left of its popularity will fall. Some fans did not save the Garcia Hype train, but if he was scared by Romero again, they will jump. So Turki Alalshikh would definitely be definitely whether he wants to subsidize Kingry’s career or let him leave.
Teofimo Lopez has criticised his father for showing a lack of competence during his unanimous decision defeat to Shakur Stevenson.
‘The Takeover’ was handily outboxed and dethroned by Stevenson in January, winning just one round as his opponent became a four-division world champion at 140lbs.
As a result, Lopez is now moving up to 147lbs in an attempt to reinvent himself and become a three-weight world champion against Rolando Romero.
But while he felt a change in weight was most certainly needed, the 29-year-old saw no reason to dismiss his father, Teofimo Sr, as his head coach.
This is in spite of the fact that Lopez Sr was heavily ridiculed for his efforts in the corner at Madison Square Garden, where Stevenson’s route to victory was only made clearer by his bizarre style of coaching.
Rather than offering his son any words of advice, he just simply pointed out his flaws and gave the defending champion no direction on how to improve.
Lopez therefore confronted his father while speaking with Ring Magazinealbeit with no threats of employing a different trainer.
“Every son wants to make their father proud. When you got your father in that moment – when you’re bleeding; when they’re allowing Shakur to do all these extra things … and your trainer is not going you instructions – they’re just talking you down: ‘Where’s your power? Where’s this? You’re gonna hate yourself’ – all roads lead to [defeat].”
As he takes on WBA champion Romero at Las Vegas’ T-Mobile Arena on Saturday, it should be interesting to see how Lopez’s corner shapes up between rounds.
In any event, the American will be under a fair amount of pressure to produce an improved performance.
Ryan Garcia and Conor Benn are scheduled to square off next month, and ‘King Ry’ has reacted to news that this will be the Briton’s final bout at welterweight, following a difficult weight cut.
Benn has not fought at 147lbs since a knockout victory over Chris van Heerden back in April 2022, but he was installed as the WBC’s mandatory challenger for the welterweight division earlier this year, after revealing his intentions of returning to the weight.
Reality seems to have hit home for ‘The Destroyer’ during this camp though, as he has already announced that this will be his last contest in the division following a brutal weight cutregardless of the outcome, signalling that he has outgrown the weight.
In a clip captured by Ring MagazineGarcia responded to Benn’s announcement and declared that his upcoming opponent is already making excuses ahead of their meeting.
“We know you can’t make weight. This is why Conor Benn said this is his last time at 147lbs. My guy is making excuses before he loses, who says that, ‘this is my last fight at 147’.
“My guy, you gonna go backwards just to get that a** whooped? Oh my gosh, bro. It’s fine, bro, he is just going to run into it. F**k that dude.”
Garcia-Benn takes place on Saturday, September 12, at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, with Zuffa Boxing cruiserweight champion Jai Opetaia poised to take on current WBC cruiserweight titleholder Noel Mikaelian – although he may no longer be champion come fight week.
Next month, Ryan Garcia will go toe-to-toe with Conor Benn in the first defence of his WBC welterweight title, and now former pound-for-pound king Terence Crawford has doubled down on his prediction for the clash.
Crawford hung up the gloves whilst recognised as the pound-for-pound number one in December, but that has not stopped ‘Bud’ from developing a heated rivalry with Garcia since his retirement, with the pair making regular jibes at one another in recent months.
Garcia has now revealed his intentions to tempt the undefeated southpaw out of retirement if he retains his title against Benn, but the Omaha-born sensation has declared his belief that Garcia will lose his belt to the Briton, favouring the challenger’s size and power.
Now, as fight week edges closer, Crawford has once again insisted that Benn will pull off the upset, as he told Fight Hub TV that he is picking ‘The Destroyer’ to come out on top.
“It’s going to be a good fight. I got Conor Benn!”
Benn will be competing at welterweight for the first time in nearly five years, looking to wrestle away the belt that Garcia won back in February with a win over Mario Barrios.
The event takes place on Saturday, September 12, at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, and on the undercard, Jai Opetaia is set to take on current WBC cruiserweight world champion Noel Mikaelian.
It currently remains to be seen whether the Armenian will still be the reigning titleholder when fight night comes around though, due to rumours that Mikaelian will be stripped for avoiding a fight with David Benavidez.