Connect with us

Boxing

Coach Marc Ramsey reveals that Dmitriry Bivol “disappeared” from negotiations about the third fight with Beterbiew

Published

on

Image: Trainer Marc Ramsey Reveals Dmitry Bivol "Disappeared" from Negotiations for Third Fight with Beterbiev

Artur Beterbiev decided to move away from his attempts to negotiate the fight against the trilogy with Dmitry Bivol after Bivol disappeared from negotiations. Mark Ramsey, Beterbaview coach, says that Bivol has “disappeared” and stopped playing.

Ramsey says that Bivol received more money by Russian organizers who would be greater than what he received in both fights. He still decided not to fight.

The unquestioned heavyweight master Beterbiev (21-1, 20 KO) is now fighting Deon Nicholson on November 22 at the Anb Arena in Riyadh.

Bivol disappears from the negotiations of the fight

“For months we have tried to negotiate the fight against Bivol, and he simply disappeared. At some point the Riyjad season wanted to organize this fight, and at some point in Russia there were people who wanted to organize this fight in Moscow,” said coach Marc Ramsey SecondsouT, describing the difficulties that Artur Beterbiev tried to negotiate the third fight with Dmitry Bivol.

Of course, Bivol thought that the money was not good enough to continue the third fight with Beterbiv, because he did not leave him, he was much greater than what he got for the first two fights.

Both fights were tough for Bivol because he took a greater punishment from Beterbaver than in any other fight during his career. In February last year, he took a revenge with Artur in the 12th round. He was lucky that Beterbav did not put such pressure on him on the whole fight, because he would not be able to withstand it.

Marc Ramsey describes Bivol’s activities

“They [the Russians] brought a lot of money to the table and more money than he [Bivol] Merit and more money than he earned for the first and second fight in Saudi. He still refused. He completely disappeared from negotiations – said Ramsey about Bivol. “We decided to go forward with Artur. He’s 40 years elderly. We don’t want to wait anyone.”

It is good that Beterbiev did not waste the rest of 2025 in negotiations regarding the trilogy. He fights with Deon Nicholson on November 22 in Riyadh, and then he could face David Benavidez.

Beterbiev will not wait for Bivol

“He completely disappeared from negotiations, and at some point there was no calling back or information. So we decided to go in a different direction. The way Bivol is working now, I have doubts,” said Ramsey when they asked if they think that he would fight the trilogy. “We want to return to the ring soon. So we decided to go differently.

Bivol would not disappear from negotiations if someone did not promise him even more, fighting another warrior. The one you talk about is Bivol fighting Canelo Alvarez or possibly Terenka Crawford, after these two meetings next month of September 13.

Crazy Money Crawford, understandable why Dmitrira would like to fight the winner of this fight, not for $ 10 million or anything that is offered for the third fight against Beterebav.

Crawford receives $ 50 million for Canelo’s fight. Bivol would know that this is too risky fights again and potentially lose this fight. If he was beaten by Artur again, his chances of fighting the winner of Canelo-Crawford could go down at a distance.

“Of course, he wants to fight Bivol for the third time and wants to do it now. He was ready to do it six years ago, the first fight. Bivol waited and waited for Artur to be 40 before he fought him,” said Ramsey.

Even when Bivol is waiting for six years, Beterbiev still defeated him and deserved to win in the rematch in February last year. The referees really worked Artur in the second Bivol clash in Riyadh. In the worst case, Beterbiev deserved a draw.

Last updated 08/06/2025

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Boxing

Terence Crawford Confirms Ryan Garcia Will Defeat Conor Benn: I Got Him | Boxing News

Published

on

"Terence Crawford Confirms Ryan Garcia Will Defeat Conor Benn: 'I Got Him' | Boxing News"

Next month, Ryan Garcia will go toe-to-toe with Conor Benn in the first defence of his WBC welterweight title, and now former pound-for-pound king Terence Crawford has doubled down on his prediction for the clash.

Crawford hung up the gloves whilst recognised as the pound-for-pound number one in December, but that has not stopped ‘Bud’ from developing a heated rivalry with Garcia since his retirement, with the pair making regular jibes at one another in recent months.

Garcia has now revealed his intentions to tempt the undefeated southpaw out of retirement if he retains his title against Benn, but the Omaha-born sensation has declared his belief that Garcia will lose his belt to the Briton, favouring the challenger’s size and power.

Now, as fight week edges closer, Crawford has once again insisted that Benn will pull off the upset, as he told Fight Hub TV that he is picking ‘The Destroyer’ to come out on top.

“It’s going to be a good fight. I got Conor Benn!”

Benn will be competing at welterweight for the first time in nearly five years, looking to wrestle away the belt that Garcia won back in February with a win over Mario Barrios.

The event takes place on Saturday, September 12, at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, and on the undercard, Jai Opetaia is set to take on current WBC cruiserweight world champion Noel Mikaelian.

It currently remains to be seen whether the Armenian will still be the reigning titleholder when fight night comes around though, due to rumours that Mikaelian will be stripped for avoiding a fight with David Benavidez.

Continue Reading

Boxing

Carl Froch Claims One Welterweight Champion Could Have Stopped Terence Crawfords Unbeaten Streak

Published

on

"Carl Froch Claims One Welterweight Champion Could Have Stopped Terence Crawford's Unbeaten Streak"

Terence Crawford faced and defeated 42 different opponents during a 17-year career, but super-middleweight icon Carl Froch believes that there is one welterweight who would have put an end to Crawford’s unbeaten streak if they were to meet in their primes.

Crawford became the first post-war boxer to claim the undisputed title in three separate weight divisions last September; a run which began as a super-lightweight in 2015 by defeating Thomas Dulorme, then unifying against Viktor Postol before halting Julius Indongo in an undisputed title showdown.

‘Bud’ then moved on to the welterweight scene and knocked out Jeff Horn to capture the WBO world title on his 147lb debut, making five defences of the title before colliding with fierce rival and three-belt unified titleholder, Errol Spence Jr, in 2023.

In a unforgettable fight, Crawford brutally beat Spence down in an authoritative ninth-round stoppage win to capture the undisputed welterweight throne. Talk then turned to an unprecedented three-weight move up to super-middleweight to take on Canelo Alvarez.

After stopping off at super-welterweight to dethrone Israil Madrimov on his way up, Crawford debuted at super-middleweight in a challenge for Canelo’s undisputed crown and outboxed the Mexican superstar in an iconic win last year, hanging up the gloves three months later.

Despite those legendary achievements, Froch picked Floyd Mayweather Jr to come out on top in a potential fantasy fight against the Omaha southpaw, in an episode of ‘Froch on Fighting’.

Mayweather’s achievements speak for themselves, retiring with a perfect 50-0 unbeaten record after claiming world honours in five divisions, with his most impressive reign coming at 147lbs, where he defeated the likes of Manny Pacquiao and Shane Mosley.

Mayweather has been rumoured to make a comeback, but while there would be huge finances that would be on offer, Crawford has revealed that he would have no interest in ending his retirement for a bout with ‘TBE’, believing that the 49-year-old is ‘old’ and ‘done’.

Continue Reading

Boxing

Conor Benn Reveals His Pick: Oscar De La Hoya vs Terence Crawford Showdown in Boxing History

Published

on

Conor Benn Reveals His Pick: Oscar De La Hoya vs Terence Crawford Showdown in Boxing History

Terence Crawford has been hailed by many as the best fighter of this generation following his retirement, and now WBC welterweight title hopeful Conor Benn has shared how he thinks ‘Bud’ would have fared against six-division world champion Oscar De La Hoya.

Crawford became boxing’s sixth five-division world champion with an iconic win over Canelo Alvarez back in September; joining Thomas Hearns, Sugar Ray Leonard, De La Hoya, Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao in that elite and exclusive club reserved only for legends of the sport.

Of that group, only De La Hoya and Pacquiao have gone on to conquer a sixth division, with De La Hoya’s 2004 WBO middleweight world title win over Felix Sturm seeing the Californian become the first boxer to ever become a sextuple champion.

Crawford could have joined ‘’The Golden Boy’ and ‘Pac-Man’ in achieving that feat, having been offered a middleweight world title shot during the aftermath of his triumph over Canelo late last year – a proposal which later fell apart due to a failed doping test by Janibek Alimkhanuly.

Continuing the praise that the Omaha-born southpaw has received since announcing his retirement last December, Benn told Daily Mail Boxing that he would favour the undefeated star to get the better of De La Hoya, if they were to meet in their primes.

Benn also went on to predict that Crawford would retain his unbeaten streak against other greats of the game, picking him to come out on top against each of Mayweather, Julio Cesar Chavez, Pernell Whitaker and Roberto Duran.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

OUR NEWSLETTER

Subscribe Us To Receive Our Latest News Directly In Your Inbox!

We don’t spam! Read our privacy policy for more info.

Trending