Regis Prograis sees no way that Terence Crawford defeats the undisputed Middle Middle Master Middle Master, Canelo Alvarez on September 13. Prograis indicates that Crawford (41-0, 31 KO) jumps two classes of weight, and not only fights with a larger warrior, but someone who is “so damn good”.
Concerns related to the power of Crawford
Crawford is gaining weight, but this additional size does not guarantee that it will have power raise. It doesn’t work. Fighters who suddenly are rarely stronger than when they were lighter. Additional weight slows them down, causing faster.
In the case of Crawford, this is simply a weight that goes against him. He has been inactive for a long time, from the ring for a year, and he has been fighting only every year from 2020. He has not shown motivation to fight two to three times a year, as other fighters do.
Tested theory of laziness
Is it laziness or his desire to have fun for a long time? If a person hates work and has been a millionaire for years, it is understandable why they would go back. Regardless of the reason, it doesn’t matter. Crawford was still inactive and is not adolescent at the age of 38. He may say that he is adolescent at his age, but he did not look at his last fight.
He looked 38 when he fought Israil Madrimov in August last year and it was a year ago. Now Terenka could easily go to 39. It will not be handed over if he decides to go to the liquor store, then for sure.
Prograis about the size of Crawford
“I’ve always been high at Crawford, but at the same time you fight someone so damn good and enormous. Two divisions,” said Regis Prograis Millcity boxing About what Terenka Crawford is about to move, the transfer of two weight classes to challenge Canelo Alvarez for his undisputed championships about the average superpower on September 13. “It’s demanding for me to say that Bud will win. I was a crawford fan.”
Crawford could support himself if he used the year in which he left the ring to move to 168 and fight one of the pretenders to remain piercing. Why didn’t he do it? One theory is that Crawford did not want to be exposed and showed that he is too tiny, aged and is unable to jump. In other words, fear.
The only other explanation of Terenka, which he does not do, is laziness. He did not want to do demanding work, returning to the training camp, camp and fight.
“I know Crawford probably paired weighty weight,” said Regis. “But it is always different when you enter with a person, and this person can take blows, and it depends on how well Crawford can take the blows of Canelo. Jermell [Charlo]He looked much bigger than Canelo, but then they fought and you could see the difference. You could see the size difference. “
It wasn’t just a size. When Jermell entered the ring from Canelo, he could not cope with the power. When he was hit by Canelo, he didn’t want to. He did not have such GGG strength to stand in his pocket and fight Canelo.
Canelo construction: Challenge
“It’s different when you weigh with someone,” said Prograis. “Jermell was bigger [than Canelo]. This is a huge difference when you are there with this person. We’ll see it now. At the moment Crawford looks the same as Canelo. In terms of body, it looks the same. It seems that Crawford is getting bigger. “
Terenka is as huge as Canelo, but its power will not be improved about what was a year ago. When he organized and fought for 154 against Madrimov, Crawford was still hit like a voler. His shots had no influence. Against Canelo it will be even more noticeable.
“When you enter the ring, it will always be different. Canelo is brief and squat. His neck is far away. Canelo is built like a wrestler,” said Prograis.
Next month, Ryan Garcia will go toe-to-toe with Conor Benn in the first defence of his WBC welterweight title, and now former pound-for-pound king Terence Crawford has doubled down on his prediction for the clash.
Crawford hung up the gloves whilst recognised as the pound-for-pound number one in December, but that has not stopped ‘Bud’ from developing a heated rivalry with Garcia since his retirement, with the pair making regular jibes at one another in recent months.
Garcia has now revealed his intentions to tempt the undefeated southpaw out of retirement if he retains his title against Benn, but the Omaha-born sensation has declared his belief that Garcia will lose his belt to the Briton, favouring the challenger’s size and power.
Now, as fight week edges closer, Crawford has once again insisted that Benn will pull off the upset, as he told Fight Hub TV that he is picking ‘The Destroyer’ to come out on top.
“It’s going to be a good fight. I got Conor Benn!”
Benn will be competing at welterweight for the first time in nearly five years, looking to wrestle away the belt that Garcia won back in February with a win over Mario Barrios.
The event takes place on Saturday, September 12, at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, and on the undercard, Jai Opetaia is set to take on current WBC cruiserweight world champion Noel Mikaelian.
It currently remains to be seen whether the Armenian will still be the reigning titleholder when fight night comes around though, due to rumours that Mikaelian will be stripped for avoiding a fight with David Benavidez.
Terence Crawford faced and defeated 42 different opponents during a 17-year career, but super-middleweight icon Carl Froch believes that there is one welterweight who would have put an end to Crawford’s unbeaten streak if they were to meet in their primes.
Crawford became the first post-war boxer to claim the undisputed title in three separate weight divisions last September; a run which began as a super-lightweight in 2015 by defeating Thomas Dulorme, then unifying against Viktor Postol before halting Julius Indongo in an undisputed title showdown.
‘Bud’ then moved on to the welterweight scene and knocked out Jeff Horn to capture the WBO world title on his 147lb debut, making five defences of the title before colliding with fierce rival and three-belt unified titleholder, Errol Spence Jr, in 2023.
In a unforgettable fight, Crawford brutally beat Spence down in an authoritative ninth-round stoppage win to capture the undisputed welterweight throne. Talk then turned to an unprecedented three-weight move up to super-middleweight to take on Canelo Alvarez.
After stopping off at super-welterweight to dethrone Israil Madrimov on his way up, Crawford debuted at super-middleweight in a challenge for Canelo’s undisputed crown and outboxed the Mexican superstar in an iconic win last year, hanging up the gloves three months later.
Despite those legendary achievements, Froch picked Floyd Mayweather Jr to come out on top in a potential fantasy fight against the Omaha southpaw, in an episode of ‘Froch on Fighting’.
Mayweather’s achievements speak for themselves, retiring with a perfect 50-0 unbeaten record after claiming world honours in five divisions, with his most impressive reign coming at 147lbs, where he defeated the likes of Manny Pacquiao and Shane Mosley.
Mayweather has been rumoured to make a comeback, but while there would be huge finances that would be on offer, Crawford has revealed that he would have no interest in ending his retirement for a bout with ‘TBE’, believing that the 49-year-old is ‘old’ and ‘done’.
Terence Crawford has been hailed by many as the best fighter of this generation following his retirement, and now WBC welterweight title hopeful Conor Benn has shared how he thinks ‘Bud’ would have fared against six-division world champion Oscar De La Hoya.
Crawford became boxing’s sixth five-division world champion with an iconic win over Canelo Alvarez back in September; joining Thomas Hearns, Sugar Ray Leonard, De La Hoya, Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao in that elite and exclusive club reserved only for legends of the sport.
Of that group, only De La Hoya and Pacquiao have gone on to conquer a sixth division, with De La Hoya’s 2004 WBO middleweight world title win over Felix Sturm seeing the Californian become the first boxer to ever become a sextuple champion.
Crawford could have joined ‘’The Golden Boy’ and ‘Pac-Man’ in achieving that feat, having been offered a middleweight world title shot during the aftermath of his triumph over Canelo late last year – a proposal which later fell apart due to a failed doping test by Janibek Alimkhanuly.
Continuing the praise that the Omaha-born southpaw has received since announcing his retirement last December, Benn told Daily Mail Boxing that he would favour the undefeated star to get the better of De La Hoya, if they were to meet in their primes.
Benn also went on to predict that Crawford would retain his unbeaten streak against other greats of the game, picking him to come out on top against each of Mayweather, Julio Cesar Chavez, Pernell Whitaker and Roberto Duran.